Current 928 user...upgrade to Icon or wait?

DanaOira

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
As someone who is actually a(n amateur) photographer, I can really appreciate the Icon's camera, and the ability to shoot in RAW is awesome. I honestly don't think I could go onto a non Lumia smartphone because I've been so spoiled with the cameras.

I know what you mean! I've always taken photos with decent Canon p&s cameras, so I'm very picky with my camera and usually stay with the same brand.

So far, I haven't felt the need to leave Nokia's camera phones yet. :)

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean! I've always taken photos with decent Canon p&s cameras, so I'm very picky with my camera and usually stay with the same brand.

So far, I haven't felt the need to leave Nokia's camera phones yet. :)

One of the reasons that attracted me to my first Lumia 928 from my BlackBerry Z10 was the camera. Obviously BlackBerry still doesn't have a good camera in their phones today, but in general, I don't feel that anything can compete with PureView

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
One of the reasons that attracted me to my first Lumia 928 from my BlackBerry Z10 was the camera. Obviously BlackBerry still doesn't have a good camera in their phones today, but in general, I don't feel that anything can compete with PureView

The 928's camera specs pulled me over from the 'droid side. I'm a very amateur/casual photographer, and I can't really process as I'm slight red/green colorblind, but I do like to exercise my creative side now and then.

Really anxious to experience the camera improvements in Denim... That reminds me though, have a bunch of pics to add to the Icon photo thread.

DanaOira

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Alrighty DanaOira and ajst222 - Here's my most recent fun with my Icon....

Thanks for sharing! Your shots are amazing. :D

I just got my ArmorSuit and case for my Icon today. Waiting on the skin to dry before I can turn the phone on again. Then I'll be able to test out some photos with the phone protected. :) :)

Your shots inspired me. So excited!

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for sharing. The low light photos you took look really great. :D

Icon in low light is excellent, however, I think the 928 is actually a little bit better in low light. Granted, I haven't used the 928 in a long time, but when I got the Icon, I did a camera comparison and I remember that was my impression.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing! Your shots are amazing. :D

I just got my ArmorSuit and case for my Icon today. Waiting on the skin to dry before I can turn the phone on again. Then I'll be able to test out some photos with the phone protected. :) :)

Your shots inspired me. So excited!

What was the case you got? I have the Incipio Feather and it's OK but chipped of the corner already. It's already a heavy phone don't want anything to thick and heavy...

DanaOira

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

Jason Drum

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a 928, my wife has an Icon. I would definitely say the Icon far surpasses the 928. The camera is much better, especially for low light or videos. Her screen is much brighter white than mine as well. In a side to side comparison with everything set equal, my screen looks yellowish and hers pure white. However, she does have wifi and bluetooth issues that I never see.

I am due for an upgrade in May, but will likely not upgrade in order to wait and see what/where the next flagship is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb