Hey folks. I've got an Icon, about 5 months old, and I'm having problems with the charging port. Last night, no matter what cord I plugged it into, it wouldn't charge. I found there was a sweet spot that I could get to that would let it charge, but it took ALOT of trail-and-error moving and jostling of the phone and cord.

I'm planning on going in and talking to Verizon about getting a replacement, but does anyone know if I'd have to contact Nokia? I didn't have any protection or replacement plans from Verizon so I'm skeptical they'd help me, but with any luck there's a warranty of at least a year.

Thanks!
    01-10-2015 10:02 AM
    Do you have a wireless charger that you could try?
    01-10-2015 10:53 AM
    To check if you have "nokia" warranty go to the app Lumia Help+Tips .
    If you do not have the app see this link. http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...7-d0c55c636933
    01-10-2015 11:11 AM
    I had this problem, phone wouldn't charge and wasn't detected by USB on the computer either so my first thought was faulty USB port.

I tried 2 cables and neither worked so was getting ready to do a warranty check, restarted my phone on the off chance and now it works perfectly - go figure.
    01-10-2015 11:44 AM
    I'm planning on going in and talking to Verizon about getting a replacement, but does anyone know if I'd have to contact Nokia?
    You should be able to contact VZW directly for a replacement under warranty. Be advised, though, that they may send you a "certified like-new" replacement instead of a brand new phone. I've done this in the past - they send the phone to you and you send them back your defective unit. Each phone that I've received "certified like-new" looked and performed as new. I've never gone directly to the phone maker for any repairs or replacements.
    01-10-2015 11:50 AM