Icon Charging Port Problems

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks. I've got an Icon, about 5 months old, and I'm having problems with the charging port. Last night, no matter what cord I plugged it into, it wouldn't charge. I found there was a sweet spot that I could get to that would let it charge, but it took ALOT of trail-and-error moving and jostling of the phone and cord.

I'm planning on going in and talking to Verizon about getting a replacement, but does anyone know if I'd have to contact Nokia? I didn't have any protection or replacement plans from Verizon so I'm skeptical they'd help me, but with any luck there's a warranty of at least a year.

Thanks!

rich1lloyd

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem, phone wouldn't charge and wasn't detected by USB on the computer either so my first thought was faulty USB port.

I tried 2 cables and neither worked so was getting ready to do a warranty check, restarted my phone on the off chance and now it works perfectly - go figure.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm planning on going in and talking to Verizon about getting a replacement, but does anyone know if I'd have to contact Nokia?

You should be able to contact VZW directly for a replacement under warranty. Be advised, though, that they may send you a "certified like-new" replacement instead of a brand new phone. I've done this in the past - they send the phone to you and you send them back your defective unit. Each phone that I've received "certified like-new" looked and performed as new. I've never gone directly to the phone maker for any repairs or replacements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz