arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I think they are just doing this for us Icon users in hopes that we will forget about the wait for denim. Because right now, I'm not that concerned about not having Cyan/Denim firmware...

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I think they are just doing this for us Icon users in hopes that we will forget about the wait for denim. Because right now, I'm not that concerned about not having Cyan/Denim firmware...

Doesn't Softcare require WP 8.1 to work? And I doubt VZW would release it for a device with a beta on it, perhaps Denim is close maybe for us?

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh I'm using it on DP as well, but the M8 was the first to get it on VZW as it had 8.1 pre-loaded, then the 928 and 822 after they got Denim. It's just surprising and all since the carrier pushes the app out and VZW was only supporting phones that had the official 8.1 release, not the PFD. 8.1 is a requirement for Softcard so makes me wonder why VZW was so generous to give us Icon PFD users access to Softcard unless the Denim release is quite soon.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Running WP8.1 DP and I used it today at Kid's Footlocker flawlessly.

8.1 is a requirement for Softcard so makes me wonder why VZW was so generous to give us Icon PFD users access to Softcard unless the Denim release is quite soon.

It's possible I suppose. Has anybody NOT running WP8.1 DP able to get it to work.

ZezzeX

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised version bothered doing this. Heck, I didn't think it would even happen after we got Denim.

What's even more surprising is that I didn't read this on the front page of windowscentral. Or maybe I just missed it.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't Softcare require WP 8.1 to work? And I doubt VZW would release it for a device with a beta on it, perhaps Denim is close maybe for us?

Once again, PFD is not beta. The OS version is the release version. The firmware/OS combination is currently unsupported, but the OS is really the release version of 8.1.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's interesting, because I had to side load the app. I went to windowsphone.com and it says this app is not available for my phone. I downloaded it and installed it from local with the store app on my phone. I wonder if Verizon accidentally released it a leeetle too early. Of course the cats out of the bag and I doubt they could put it back in.

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Once again, PFD is not beta. The OS version is the release version. The firmware/OS combination is currently unsupported, but the OS is really the release version of 8.1.

And 8.1 is not a carrier sanctioned released on the Icon either. VZW was only releasing Softcard for devices that had 8.1 either already loaded (M8) or via the Lumia Update (Firmware/OS) not the PFD. I really doubt VZW or AT&T support devices running PFD.

PhreePhlyer

May 2, 2013
Visit site
And 8.1 is not a carrier sanctioned released on the Icon either. VZW was only releasing Softcard for devices that had 8.1 either already loaded (M8) or via the Lumia Update (Firmware/OS) not the PFD. I really doubt VZW or AT&T support devices running PFD.

Which is what I said. The firmware/OS combination is unsupported. My point was that the OS version provided by PfD is not beta, as you originally stated.

Martog

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is trying to tell me that my Icon should already have a secure SIM. Got it last July. Thoughts?

I got my Icon right it was released and never had to swap sim, the Icon was supposed to be the launch phone for Softcard for WP on VZW, hence why it had the sim included.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
hmm, just tried to get this and it is telling me that it is NOT available for my phone and no option to download. Wonder if the release for the icon was accidental and they have since corrected it.

Lumia Icon with dp installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3