dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My first try with it was a failed attempt. I went to McDs to try it out and holding the phone to the Softcard terminal for about 20 seconds produced nothing but the OS's thinking dots.

After the McD employees just stared at me for the 20 seconds while I tried, the awkwardness got to me and I pulled out my credit card instead. Maybe I'll give it a try on a vending machine next.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My first try with it was a failed attempt. I went to McDs to try it out and holding the phone to the Softcard terminal for about 20 seconds produced nothing but the OS's thinking dots.

After the McD employees just stared at me for the 20 seconds while I tried, the awkwardness got to me and I pulled out my credit card instead. Maybe I'll give it a try on a vending machine next.

That happened to me a few times when I started using tap to pay with Google Wallet on Android 2 years ago. I quickly learned to get my credit card out ahead of time so I could quickly swipe it if tap to pay failed.

bmetelsky

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
That happened to me a few times when I started using tap to pay with Google Wallet on Android 2 years ago. I quickly learned to get my credit card out ahead of time so I could quickly swipe it if tap to pay failed.

Yeah, it would be great if it worked consistently.....

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it would be great if it worked consistently.....

That's part of the pain of breaking it in. Google Wallet tap to pay was hit or miss for me for a couple weeks, but since then it's worked fine. This was about 2 years ago, so I've gotten over the pain & embarrassment. You will too!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
No they aren't charging me. They are making money from my money, and I have to tie up money on a prepaid card.

No you don't. I have my debit card linked to the Serve card and my balance is always $0. Whenever I use the Softcard, the money gets taken from my debit card, as it should. I've yet to put a penny in the Serve card.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok, found it in the store finally today, I could not find it the other day. I have tried for the last 2 weeks to find it (maybe 2 times a week) but, today, it finally showed up for me, this was done under a search of "Softcard" and "Soft card" (maybe this is a hit that Denim is coming)

So, I set it up, Added a Debit card, it's listed as a Backup Funding Source. Is this all I have to do ? I wont use this if I have to put money into it but, if this will just pull from my debit card when I use it, then I will try it out.

I know all the stores I go to around here I have this logo and even my local coffee shop, If this is all I have to do, I cant wait to try it out...

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's very simple.

As long as your card is registered (and not all participate...my Chase card does) just open the app, enter your pin and then hold the phone to the terminal.

tvaudioguy

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I installed it but kept getting error 7027 while trying to create an account. I contacted Verizon, and they said Softcard was for postpaid accounts only, not for prepaid accounts. I can't understand why being postpaid or not would affect whether or not I can buy something with my credit card.

I travel a lot, and I love the coverage I get on Verizon (especially in the Colorado mountains). But crap like this makes me want to leave.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Just installed it on my Icon running the Preview for Developers, and connected it to my AmEx credit card. Everything went perfectly.
Hoping the payments will be equally smooth, going to give it a try somewhere tonight...

Though honestly I don't see the point of this thing in its current form. Unless they make it like Apple showed in their promo videos for ApplePay and just let you swipe an unlocked phone, with no app having to be opened and no PIn input, I don't see how this is easier than just using my credit card directly (note: I have no idea how well ApplePay works in real life, just saying what the video showed). Now I have to take out the phone, unlock, open app, enter PIN, hold phone to payment system. How is that better than taking out wallet, taking out credit card, swiping... (and in many cases not even having to sign)?

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's very simple.

As long as your card is registered (and not all participate...my Chase card does) just open the app, enter your pin and then hold the phone to the terminal.

Even then, not all Chase Cards are supported. My Chase MasterCard credit card is not eligible to use. You can also set up your bank account directly with American Express Serve and it will work just like your bank's debit card.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3