Forget about Softcard if you have Verizon Allset prepaid plan

tvaudioguy

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I was trying to sign up for Softcard on my Icon but was getting error 7027. I contacted Verizon, and they said that I was getting the error because Softcard is for postpaid accounts only. I'm on Verizon's Allset prepaid plan, so I'm not allowed to use Softcard.

Why does having a postpaid account or not make any difference in whether or not I can buy something with my credit card? I love Verizon's coverage, but crap like this makes me want to leave.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I was trying to use it with my Verizon Straight Talk and it wouldn't work, so lame. I wish Microsoft would work on their own system but that will never happen.

For what it's worth, AT&T is the same way, in that they only allow use of it for postpaid accounts. The good news is that since you have your own phone they allow you to get a "postpaid" account that doesn't require contract and pretty much works as month to month anyway.

Perhaps Verizon may work the same way....

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You'll probably get the same results with T-Mobile too. Softcard (formerly known as Isis) is a collaboration between Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes