Icon on sprint network

Sloan Wilson

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm wondering if I can buy a used icon to be my work phone. My company uses sprint so I was looking to see if someone had tried it. I don't care about LTE or 4G. All I need is phone, text, and possibly basic email. Nothing blazing. Thanks for any help in advance!

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
IF, and this is a HUGE IF, you can convince Sprint to use the ESN from it, it will work. Getting someone at Sprint to add an ESN to their device database, is next to impossible.

I've seen it happen only one time. I verified that it was a Verizon phone (granted a flip phone, but this was before these smart phones too). There is the possibility that they had cloned a Sprint ESN to it somehow.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
IF, and this is a HUGE IF, you can convince Sprint to use the ESN from it, it will work. Getting someone at Sprint to add an ESN to their device database, is next to impossible.

I've seen it happen only one time. I verified that it was a Verizon phone (granted a flip phone, but this was before these smart phones too). There is the possibility that they had cloned a Sprint ESN to it somehow.

I've heard this too from a FEW people, Your chances of someone from Sprint activating a Verizon phone is VERY slim. It would be one of those things where you would need to be sleeping with someone at sprint who works in the RIGHT department and you MIGHT be able to get it done.

Cloning MIGHT be possible BUT, very illegal. Also, IF you could (not saying it's impossible but, very hard to get done as well) you would ban you self from ever getting updates or anything like that.

There was a discussion a while back on trying to get a WP7 Sprint device to work on Verizon(sprint had WP before Verizon and a better phone at the time)...it's the same the other way around (the HTC Arrive in case anyone was wondering)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Getting the ESN into the Sprints database would not work by itself. Like I mentioned, the CDMA key has to be changed. Verizon's CDMA key is different than Sprint's. Each CDMA carrier as its own unique key. Since the CDMA key is baked into the firmware, you would need to get a firmware version that has Sprint's CDMA key.

Now, if Sprint was a GSM network like AT&T and its LTE bands were compatible, then you could move over with no problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills