What to do with a broken Icon

mcherrick68

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I recently dropped my beloved caseless Icon onto concrete, shattering the glass. My question is now what do I do with it? Everything still works, aside from the glass, its a fully functioning Icon. I checked gazelle and they are offering no money for a broken Icon, unfortunately. Can I sell it on Ebay for parts, or is it pretty much trash now?

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Locate a local repair store and have the screen repaired. I have, luckily, not shattered my Icon but previous phones I have had repaired. Cost me around $150, which was still cheaper than buying a used or refurbished phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Get it fixed, or shop around and see if you can find the parts to do it yourself. If you had the insurance from Verizon, it still would be a $100 deductible on it...

Something I would not go with out, yea, $6 a month but, it's better than having to come up with $500 to replace a phone when it breaks...

If your going to sell it, go on ebay, look over completed auctions and see what they sold for with broken displays, this will give you a figure on what it's worth. Just watch the shape of them, some are broken where the touch screen does not work and others are just cracked but, working fine, it effects the value...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3