Updating to Official 8.1.1 Denim while on 8.1 Developer Preview

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW........VERIZON ACTUALLY COMING THROUGH..........8.1.1 DENIM.....

Can anyone advise how this will affect those of us that are using the 8.1 Developer Preview. Will I get official 8.1.1 Denim automatically pushed to my settings / update, or do I need to revert back to 8.0 using the Lumia Recovery tool?

Also, If I do have to revert back to 8.0, will my current 8.1 backup be able to be restored once the official 8.1.1 Denim update is installed?

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For best results... Run a backup and flash the Official via LSRT. NOTHING beats a clean install. Given the amount of unoptimized updates P4D gave you and the fact that official goes from Black > Denim I would highly recommend this.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to get a full screen shot of my entire home screen, so I can reference it in case anything goes bad with the backup / restore, etc.

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded Denim on my Icon. I was running DP 8.1. I did not uncheck the box in DP, I just downloaded Denim and all is fine.

dki378

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded Denim on my Icon. I was running DP 8.1. I did not uncheck the box in DP, I just downloaded Denim and all is fine.

Me too. All seems fine with me. I did exactly the same as you and all is fine. If I notice some oddities from before (i.e. lag in waking up) I may go the fresh install route but for now I'm fine as is.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I did a fresh install - backed up everything, and its soooooooo fast now - camera opens instantly from dead locked. took a while to re-download all the apps, but my restore worked well for the most part - but be aware, if your were using apps that were de-listed, they will not come back. For instance - I was using metrotalk for my Google Voice / voicemail, and now it is no longer available.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo