Does Denim make the situation any less bleak for AT&T users?

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Decided to revisit the Lumia Icon... wanted a high performance phone that wasn't a goddamn tablet, which means the Icon was really the only option.

While I've had the Icon before, things that didn't bother me before seemed bothersome now.
1) Can't use Softcard
2) Still no way to use MMS (didn't work even with custom MMSC settings on the Access Point app from SysApp Pusher)
3) Any attempt to use Internet Sharing prompted that I need to contact my carrier to unlock the feature... I've been through the 520, 535, 820, 830, 1020, and 1520 and this is the first time I've ever seen Internet Sharing just flat out blocked.

The seller also lied about the condition, so it got returned before I could jump onboard the Denim phenomenon. Can anyone check to see if any of this stuff has changed? I suppose I could just import a Lumia 930... but with 930's offering no real hardware advantage over the Icon, I couldn't really justify spending ~$400 when I have already found great condition Lumia Icons for $250.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Decided to revisit the Lumia Icon... wanted a high performance phone that wasn't a goddamn tablet, which means the Icon was really the only option.

While I've had the Icon before, things that didn't bother me before seemed bothersome now.
1) Can't use Softcard
2) Still no way to use MMS (didn't work even with custom MMSC settings on the Access Point app from SysApp Pusher)
3) Any attempt to use Internet Sharing prompted that I need to contact my carrier to unlock the feature... I've been through the 520, 535, 820, 830, 1020, and 1520 and this is the first time I've ever seen Internet Sharing just flat out blocked.

The seller also lied about the condition, so it got returned before I could jump onboard the Denim phenomenon. Can anyone check to see if any of this stuff has changed? I suppose I could just import a Lumia 930... but with 930's offering no real hardware advantage over the Icon, I couldn't really justify spending ~$400 when I have already found great condition Lumia Icons for $250.

Keep looking on Swappa, you can get one for about $300 or so.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I broke my 1520 and needed a device. I tried the 630 hard to look at after coming from the 1520, so i saw the icon for sale on Craigslist for $125 dude posted as 830 but was a 930. He was an apple guy who received it for work for free but hates msft. Lucky me. I was able to get mms and visual voicemail to work after playing with settings. I downloaded and installed Lumia pusher , no luck, added network plus didn't change anything. I went to cellular setting and then sim named it wap.cingular, then manual apn on, then edit then apn field enter pta, leave name password blank, proxy server field- proxy.mobile.att.net, proxy server 80. All works fine my signal shows hspa+ and lte sometimes but only get 3mbps down 👇 and and 7 mbps up 👆. I can't complain fast enough until next flagship

Vamoussa Bamba

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
hello all,

I am in Ivory Coast, I received a lumia 520 by a big sister who lives in the US. but it is simlocker AT & T. So I just see if it was possible that are supplying the 20-digit code.

here is my IMEI: 353045067322360

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre