Does anyone know why? I would like to buy one but Verizon doesn't sell ANY Lumias and Microsoft doesn't sell it anymore. Were there problems with it?
    02-11-2015 11:36 AM
    No one really knows tbh. Some say it was due to the HTC one but i find that highly unlikely since that phone is highly irrelevant.

Some say it was not selling well. Who knows really.
    MikeSo likes this.
    02-11-2015 11:37 AM
    My theory is that this was Verizon's "last try" for Windows phone. they had never really sold well, but MSFT bullied them into taking another flagship and so VZW decided to go all-in by demanding a cooler, non-numeric name (Icon not 929) and doing a reasonable job of marketing (which they did).

Then it didn't sell (well enough, at least compared to fruit phones and robot phones). So they are done with Windows Phone for the most part. They may have a few more handsets from OEMs who provide them Android phones like HTC and Samsung, but I'd be surprised beyond that...
    02-11-2015 11:55 AM
    There has been no statement about why it was discontinued, not from Microsoft, not from Verizon, and no serious journalist or blogger has expressed any confident reason for why it was discontinued. So really, nobody except for the people directly responsible for the decision knows.
    02-11-2015 12:02 PM
    Keep looking, I must have called 10+ verizon stores, radioshacks, best buys, Microsoft stores, but I eventually found 1 left at a Verizon store only 15 minutes away.
    02-11-2015 01:03 PM
    My Verizon wasn't allowed to stock them in store. They had to order it special for me. Can't imagine why they didn't sell well. /s
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
    02-11-2015 04:43 PM