After the update I noticed that ALL of the Verizon bloatware apps (NFL Mobile, Backup Assistant Plus, Verizon Accessories, VZ Navigator, Verizon Tones, etc.) that came with the phone decided to reinstall themselves, as well as the Microsoft default apps Food & Drink, Health & Fitness, and Travel.

Check you app lists and uninstall to taste. Hopefully these are the only "extras" we were forced into.

Otherwise, CONTINUE THE DENIM UPDATE CELEBRATIONS!!!
    02-11-2015 01:59 PM
    Maybe this is what they were complaining, about, Cyan didn't reinstall these, so they skipped it. Made it seem like these cr-apps didn't work on Cyan.
    02-11-2015 02:10 PM
    I'm sure Cyan installed them, and I doubt that was the issue. They were installed in PfD as well as when doing the Lumia Software Reset Tool.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    02-11-2015 03:47 PM
    It made me laugh when I saw that... and also joyed that I own a Microsoft phone that I can delete them immediately! =)
    crossalchemist likes this.
    02-12-2015 09:37 AM
    We can't get rid of Backup Assistant Plus can we?
    02-12-2015 11:40 AM
    We can't get rid of Backup Assistant Plus can we?
    Nope.

It also reinstalled Facebook (for those of us who abstain from the multibillion dollar emotional gutter that it is).
    crossalchemist likes this.
    02-12-2015 03:15 PM
    Nope.

It also reinstalled Facebook (for those of us who abstain from the multibillion dollar emotional gutter that it is).
    Sure you can. I did.
    02-12-2015 04:37 PM
    I thought there was a way to get rid of Backup Assistant that involved pushing the date way into the future and trying to open it. It worked once on my 8X, but even though it asks if I want to install when I do it now, it doesn't actually go away.
    02-12-2015 04:52 PM
    I thought there was a way to get rid of Backup Assistant that involved pushing the date way into the future and trying to open it. It worked once on my 8X, but even though it asks if I want to install when I do it now, it doesn't actually go away.
    You have to delete it from your accounts. Settings>email + accounts. Tap and hold back up assistant select delete, follow the steps. That's what I did.
    02-13-2015 05:32 PM
    You have to delete it from your accounts. Settings>email + accounts. Tap and hold back up assistant select delete, follow the steps. That's what I did.
    Thanks, that worked. Still in the settings menu though, which is really no big deal; there was a way to trick it with the year to remove itself, but oh well.
    02-13-2015 06:08 PM
    Frustratingly, these were all reinstalled for me over the weekend after I'd removed them upon upgrading to Denim.

And now NFL Mobile has no "uninstall" option.
    02-16-2015 12:05 PM
    Thanks, that worked. Still in the settings menu though, which is really no big deal; there was a way to trick it with the year to remove itself, but oh well.
    Yeah, I was talking about removing it from the settings list. Like you said, not a big deal though. It's the one piece of boatware left on my phone so I was just trying to get rid of it.
    02-16-2015 12:30 PM
    Yeah, I was talking about removing it from the settings list. Like you said, not a big deal though. It's the one piece of boatware left on my phone so I was just trying to get rid of it.

Are you looking for this.
    http://m.windowscentral.com/how-to-u...-windows-phone
    JDPatel1 likes this.
    02-16-2015 12:46 PM
    Frustratingly, these were all reinstalled for me over the weekend after I'd removed them upon upgrading to Denim.

And now NFL Mobile has no "uninstall" option.
    What do you mean? I just uninstalled it, no problem.
    02-16-2015 12:59 PM
    What do you mean? I just uninstalled it, no problem.
    I just have pin to start, rate and review, share.
    02-16-2015 01:36 PM
    Yep, that's the one, and it no longer works....I remember doing it to my Icon way back when, but now with official Denim/8.1, you still get the uninstall/buy popup, but clicking uninstall does nothing. Maybe THIS is why Verzion held things up? Probably not, but still....
    02-16-2015 01:51 PM
    Hmmm...I have Uninstall available on my "NFL Mobile"
    02-16-2015 01:57 PM
    Maybe try a soft reset? That's odd that it wouldn't be uninstallable. Also - i actually like NFL Mobile. It's usually the only Verizon app i end up keeping.
    02-16-2015 02:10 PM
    Soft reset didn't help.

Very odd that this all re-reinstalled itself.
    02-16-2015 06:24 PM
    I just checked my NFL Mobile and it gives me the option of uninstalling it. Interesting...
    02-16-2015 06:59 PM
    I did too, and uninstalled it.
    02-16-2015 07:00 PM
    Soft reset didn't help.

Very odd that this all re-reinstalled itself.
    They didn't really re-install themselves per see, they are part of the built. Remember this is a special build for Verizon. This not for its non-carrier branded sister the 930. The Denim versions for the 928 and the 822 also have them pre-loaded. It's the same for all Verizon phones, except iPhone.

At least we can uninstall them, unlike our Android counterparts. They can only disable them, but they are still on the device taking up space.

The only Verizon apps I use are NFL Mobile and My Verizon Mobile, I uninstalled all of the others.
    02-16-2015 07:13 PM
    It made me laugh when I saw that... and also joyed that I own a Microsoft phone that I can delete them immediately! =)
    Let me know how can u laugh ; by; installing WP 10 ; Remove Verizon ROM...n Left me one where can I find it; & how to install from Phone storage or OTG drive....
    09-08-2017 01:24 PM
    How u did?, can you Install WP 10 is & remove Verizon startup screen; I want Microsoft Device; Not Verizon's..
    09-08-2017 01:29 PM