Contract is up!? Stay with VZW or switch to AT&T?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you explain the Icon being discontinued? How do you explain them taking so long to release cyan that it almost overlapped with denim? They took so long it was pointless to even upgrade.

I'm not saying any carrier is waving the flag for WP but Verizon has clearly been the least enthusiastic.

Yup you're correct as well. I think what it boils down to is that no US carrier is enthusiastic for WP. Sprint & T-Mobile are the least, but they're also smaller carriers.

Verizon launched the last couple high end devices in the US, but discontinued the Icon and didn't provide Cyan. It did, however, give us Denim. It's interesting to me how they sent Denim to the Icon after it was discontinued. AT&T was fairly prompt with Cyan, but so far hasn't produced Denim. They also have not launched a high end device for a long time.

In a nutshell, both AT&T and Verizon score low in my opinion. I guess it boils down to which one is stronger in what's most important to you as a consumer.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Sounds to me that none of the US carriers care about WP..... I would get a used WP on ebay and latch on to a Pre-Pay Carrier and ride it out for a few months and see if anything changes.... I love the idea of the Pre-Paid carriers and not having a contract.... Let them earn your business EVERY month... not once every two years.....

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Why not have the best of both worlds. I have the ICON and I'm on Straight Talk. 3.5 GB data per month non throttled, unlimited talk, text and mms works just fine. I pay $46 per month including tax. And the best part is I still have Verizon LTE; just don't have to pay them all the extra $ per month.
This would be great except that it won't work outside the U.S. when I travel. However, a new SIM isn't that much

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I love the idea of the Pre-Paid carriers and not having a contract.... Let them earn your business EVERY month... not once every two years.....
Seriously thinking of doing this myself when my contract is up. If I could live with 2gigs of data I could cut my bill almost 50%. Even a gig overage is what, 10 bucks. Still a better deal. Be sweet to be completely free of contracts and all that BS. Not to mention the $$ saved every month.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon