Can I use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool to update my unlocked Lumia?

navidsina2004

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Installing Denim Update for Lumia Icon using ?Lumia Software Recovery Tool?

Hello.
Back in December I bought a legally unlocked Lumia Icon from eBay (seller: deal.fisher) and I am currently using it on H2O wireless network.
windowscentraldotcom/get-factory-refurbished-lumia-icon-ebay-24999
I was wondering is it possible for me to use the ?Lumia Software Recovery Tool? and update my phone? or by doing that I would lock my phone again for the Verizon network and would end up with a lot of trouble.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Installing Denim Update for Lumia Icon using ?Lumia Software Recovery Tool?

Yes you can use the Lumia software recovery tool to update your phone and NO it will not look you to Verizon (again).
If you use LSRT you will get the latest official update for your phone but it will be a clean install so all data will be erased.
But a clean install is the "best" install.

navidsina2004

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your answer.
I also did ask from the Microsoft support and they told me there is a very good chance that my phone would be locked again.
I don't know what to do; I am really confused right now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOL the Microsoft people were hedging their bets... LSRT won't lock the phone, but a repair person at Nokia Care could do so by flashing a part of the Firmware that the LSRT won't touch. Your phone should remain unlocked after a use of the Lumia Software Recovery Tool.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello.
Back in December I bought a legally unlocked Lumia Icon from eBay (seller: deal.fisher) and I am currently using it on H2O wireless network.
windowscentraldotcom/get-factory-refurbished-lumia-icon-ebay-24999
I was wondering is it possible for me to use the “Lumia Software Recovery Tool” and update my phone? or by doing that I would lock my phone again for the Verizon network and would end up with a lot of trouble.

To answer your question. Yes you can use LSRT. And no you will not get into trouble with Verizon, nor will LSRT "lock" your phone. It was never locked in the first place. At least not for GSM and LTE. The CDMA is locked to Verizon and ONLY Verizon can unlock it...no body else.

When you see the term "unlocked" on Ebay or any other place; it's just a marketing scheme and nothing more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)