Hello.
    Back in December I bought a legally unlocked Lumia Icon from eBay (seller: deal.fisher) and I am currently using it on H2O wireless network.
    windowscentraldotcom/get-factory-refurbished-lumia-icon-ebay-24999
    I was wondering is it possible for me to use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool and update my phone? or by doing that I would lock my phone again for the Verizon network and would end up with a lot of trouble.
    02-12-2015 01:45 AM
    Yes you can use the Lumia software recovery tool to update your phone and NO it will not look you to Verizon (again).
    If you use LSRT you will get the latest official update for your phone but it will be a clean install so all data will be erased.
    But a clean install is the "best" install.
    aximtreo, jazz70 and navidsina2004 like this.
    02-12-2015 01:52 AM
    Thanks for your answer.
    I also did ask from the Microsoft support and they told me there is a very good chance that my phone would be locked again.
    I don't know what to do; I am really confused right now.
    02-12-2015 11:34 AM
    LOL the Microsoft people were hedging their bets... LSRT won't lock the phone, but a repair person at Nokia Care could do so by flashing a part of the Firmware that the LSRT won't touch. Your phone should remain unlocked after a use of the Lumia Software Recovery Tool.
    navidsina2004 and Harrie-S like this.
    02-12-2015 03:02 PM
    Yeah; Nokia support (now Microsoft Support) told me that the phone would be unlocked after using LSRT.
    02-12-2015 03:10 PM
    Hello.
    Back in December I bought a legally unlocked Lumia Icon from eBay (seller: deal.fisher) and I am currently using it on H2O wireless network.
    windowscentraldotcom/get-factory-refurbished-lumia-icon-ebay-24999
    I was wondering is it possible for me to use the “Lumia Software Recovery Tool” and update my phone? or by doing that I would lock my phone again for the Verizon network and would end up with a lot of trouble.
    To answer your question. Yes you can use LSRT. And no you will not get into trouble with Verizon, nor will LSRT "lock" your phone. It was never locked in the first place. At least not for GSM and LTE. The CDMA is locked to Verizon and ONLY Verizon can unlock it...no body else.

When you see the term "unlocked" on Ebay or any other place; it's just a marketing scheme and nothing more.
    navidsina2004 and RumoredNow like this.
    02-12-2015 03:10 PM