I was hoping this problem would've been solved with the Denim update. It was my biggest wish overall. Anyone out there know a possible fix for this or something I don't know to alleviate the issue?
    02-12-2015 02:41 AM
    When you say overheating: do you mean the phone gets so hot that it becomes unresponsive and turns off, or that it gets very warm to the touch? I've seen a few Lumia Icons get VERY warm after periods of intense usage, but nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary.
    02-12-2015 03:38 AM
    That a phone heats up during gaming is not that strange but you probably know that.
    But you could try a clean install of the software with the Lumia Software Recovery tool to rule out any "bugs" reaming after/during an OTA update.
    02-12-2015 03:39 AM
    My Icon stops responding and phantom touches start happening when it gets warm. Putting the phone into sleep and immediately waking it up solves it for a second, but then they start again. I was hoping Denim would fix this but looks like it is a hardware malfunction. I'll have to send it into Nokia repair, I'm afraid....
    02-12-2015 05:49 AM
    My Icon stops responding and phantom touches start happening when it gets warm. Putting the phone into sleep and immediately waking it up solves it for a second, but then they start again. I was hoping Denim would fix this but looks like it is a hardware malfunction. I'll have to send it into Nokia repair, I'm afraid....
    Indeed, if the phone becomes really to "hot" it should switch off and not act "funny" like yours if it becomes "warm"
    jrdatrackstar1223 likes this.
    02-12-2015 09:21 AM
    Indeed, if the phone becomes really to "hot" it should switch off and not act "funny" like yours if it becomes "warm"
    Yea, at least official Denim is here and I won't have to worry about reverting it back to stock since it is already stock now. Just in time lol.....
    02-12-2015 09:24 AM
    When you say overheating: do you mean the phone gets so hot that it becomes unresponsive and turns off, or that it gets very warm to the touch? I've seen a few Lumia Icons get VERY warm after periods of intense usage, but nothing that I would consider out of the ordinary.
    Being a mobile tech junkie, I've had so many phones, its insane. I'm well aware of the possibility of conducted/radiant heat from processors inside the chassis.

The galaxy S5 uses pretty much the same hardware setup, but 2.5mghz processor, same adreno 330 gpu if not mistaken. No heat problems there.....before the Denim update yesterday (I did a clean install through recovery) the phone would get so hot that the metal band would damn near burn you.....its either faulty hardware or a coding issue in assuming. There aren't many other culprits.

I'm just wondering if this is a widespread issue, that's all.

Sorry for the long post. Heres a Burger.. ๐Ÿ”
    02-12-2015 10:43 AM
    Being a mobile tech junkie, I've had so many phones, its insane. I'm well aware of the possibility of conducted/radiant heat from processors inside the chassis.

The galaxy S5 uses pretty much the same hardware setup, but 2.5mghz processor, same adreno 330 gpu if not mistaken. No heat problems there.....before the Denim update yesterday (I did a clean install through recovery) the phone would get so hot that the metal band would damn near burn you.....its either faulty hardware or a coding issue in assuming. There aren't many other culprits.

I'm just wondering if this is a widespread issue, that's all.

Sorry for the long post. Heres a Burger.. ๐Ÿ”

No, the galaxy s5 uses Samsung's own Exynos processor or the snapdragon 801.
    02-13-2015 02:04 AM
    It is a widespread issue, my Lumua 1020 is getting hot too, especially in Internet Explorer and data-transferring applications. After 5 minutes of surfing the web, It is very hot to touch. It also drains Battery very much while being very hot...
    02-19-2015 08:03 AM
    No, the galaxy s5 uses Samsung's own Exynos processor or the snapdragon 801.
    Do a little more research bud.
    02-21-2015 09:31 PM
    Do a little more research bud.
    colinkiama is correct
    02-21-2015 09:36 PM
    colinkiama is correct
    http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php
    02-22-2015 02:41 AM
    colinkiama is correct
    Why would iIreference a model that iisn'tin my region?

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s5-6033.php
    02-22-2015 02:44 AM
    Yep, same problem here, just using the phone for a long period will cause the phone to get VERY hot. A lot hotter than other phones I have owned. Even more on gaming, to the point where it's uncomfortable to hold.

I did do a hard reset, wiped my phone clean and did not restore a backup when denim came down so no "ghosts in the machine" like people have when they upgraded.
    02-22-2015 08:32 AM
    The Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H uses the Exynos 5 Octacore
    02-22-2015 09:23 AM
    The Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H uses the Exynos 5 Octacore
    I'm in the United States, our variants, through our carriers, do not cary the octacore. YES, there is a variant with the octacore, does that make you feel better now??
    02-24-2015 12:05 AM
    I'm in the United States, our variants, through our carriers, do not cary the octacore. YES, there is a variant with the octacore, does that make you feel better now??
    Wow. Just pointing out a spec. No offense meant. My daughter has the 900H S5 (in the US) from eBay, so that's why I know.
    iWPhoned likes this.
    02-24-2015 07:50 AM
    when playing a high intense game like Brother in Arms it will discharge the battery as much as 50% a hour. Heat will be the indicator on how much your draining the battery. I stop after 15 min or so and let the battery cool down then put it on the charger or continue to play.
    so from 30 hr battery down to 2 hr. can't be good for the battery. so be good to your battery or it won't last long.
    02-24-2015 09:06 AM
    Wow. Just pointing out a spec. No offense meant. My daughter has the 900H S5 (in the US) from eBay, so that's why I know.
    I didn't ask, but thanks!
    02-24-2015 09:12 AM
    I didn't ask, but thanks!
    Again, no offense meant. Not sure why the sarcastic replies.
    iWPhoned likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:29 AM