Blacks not black after Denim

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've realized that blacks have a red/brown tint which is especially visible in a dark room with high brightness. Anyone else observe this?

B9mykkpCAAAiA8U.jpg

nikholaspappas

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am not having this issue. I am wondering, how did you do your update, and where you using the DP?

I was using the Dev Preview, but I did a clean install with the recovery tool

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I am not having this issue. I am wondering, how did you do your update, and where you using the DP?

I was using the Dev Preview, but I did a clean install with the recovery tool

Went PfD to Denim via OTA.

You really see this issue when you set the brightness on high and say go to the settings screen in a dark room (low light), the screen should be pitch black, but it has a purple/red hue/tint to it as seen above.

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm seeing it as well. It's a gradient with the lighter red/black at the top fading to real black at the bottom. It's software because it doesn't do it on the startup screens.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm seeing it as well. It's a gradient with the lighter red/black at the top fading to real black at the bottom. It's software because it doesn't do it on the startup screens.

I noticed the same thing, blacks are black on the boot-up Nokia and Windows logos.

Last edited:

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I have been in contact with the Lumia help team. I tried all the fixes they suggested, which didn't work. So they passed the issue onto the appropriate team and they will keep me up to date.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Same issue. It's not present on the Nokia or Windows startup screens. It shows just before the Verizon logo on boot and stays.

Noticed the same. Its a software issue most like associated with the display app... I wish Daniel would post it but Windows 10 is in the spotlight. Just so it can grab the attention of MS and hopefully provide a fix..

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Still happens no matter which color profile I choose or manually set.

Same, I tried all the tricks the 930 users did nothing works. The last resort is a hard reset + LSRT but haven't bothered yet. Its a software issue and the only solace can be to wait for a display app update or an OS + display update like they did for the 930.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
yeah, I guess brown is the new black.

I knew something looked "off" but now I totally notice it after seeing this thread and I can't stop seeing the brown anymore.

PolishHitta

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I used the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. Over the air was fine, but i had to reinstall since it had a couple glitches.
What i did try: Hard reset - No change
Reinstalling again using Lumia Software Recovery Tool. -No change​
​Flashing ROM using the Nokia Care Suite - Unfortunately the ROM provided was also faulty​
​What i didn't try:
​Setting back to Windows Phone 8.0 (once I find that OS somewhere) and then upgrading back to 8.1
​Waiting on Microsoft hardware team

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss