Denim / 8.1.1 update - Access Point No longer works

Sandman2749

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Just an FYI for those of you on other networks than Verizon and need to set MMS APN settings.

The Access Point app no longer works and says it is for older versions of windows.
So, until it gets updated, looks like no MMS for us. (I'm on Telus in Canada eh!)

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
In Settings->mobile+sim->sim settings->edit MMS APN you can set it as well. Access Point app is not needed for this. My phone shipped without it even. Installed it via system pusher but cant get rid of it now:O

Sandman2749

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
My icon doesn't have a "mobile+sim" setting. Mine only has "cellular+sim" and inside there is only the option to Edit Internet APN. No MMS option.
That's why I had to use Access point but that app no longer works. See the screenshot below:
wp_ss_20150212_0001.jpg

Paul Lagerman

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Same issue for me on my Lumia Icon - just received Denim update and now I can't get or send MMS. Do not have the ability to set anything in cellular+sim other than the internet APN.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well that's a bummer. Guess you can thank Verizon for that.. Took them half a year to update the system and they managed to bugger it up. Someone would have thought they tested it considering it taking ages to be released

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Don't you have under SIM settings the ability to manually set the APN. Switch this on and see if the MMS settings are such that you can enter them. I don't have any problems getting or sending MMS on my ICON.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Check for 'cellular+SIM' in settings, DP breaks access point because its OS is ahead of what access point will recognize (newer OS number)

Sandman2749

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Yes, that's right. Even with this, the settings won;t appear.
However, on trying to send an MMS, it worked. Not sure how or why but it did. :)

Zelman32

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Well it seems I was able to get mine working again with a hard reset. I think my problem was getting the phone before I had a sim card and setting everything up before hand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo