Classic Camera missing from App Menu

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Odd; I noticed after upgrading to Denim official, the MS Camera is no longer on the app menu; I had it as a tile on my SS, so after restoring a backup, I still had it. But if you didn't, it seems the only way one could get to it would be to set it as the default camera app, then push the camera hardware button. Reminds me of how Nokia would yank the native maps from the menu, and people created tiles in the store that acted as shortcuts. With this update, native maps is in the menu, but now native camera is not. Anyone else see this?

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'll play around with Lumia Camera and see how I like it. I hope the improvements are worth it enough that I won't even want to use Classic Camera anymore. I know before I did NOT want to use Here Maps over native maps.

I'd love to hear what others think of the Classic Camera Vs. the new Lumia Camera on Denim. Pros and cons?

Last edited:

jmaudi0

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
the stock lumia camera app wasn't working for me after my denim update. it would launch to a black screen and then kick me to the home screen. i uninstalled it and now i can't find it in the app store....

anyone else having issues?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
the stock lumia camera app wasn't working for me after my denim update. it would launch to a black screen and then kick me to the home screen. i uninstalled it and now i can't find it in the app store....

anyone else having issues?

Use Lumia Camera Classic.

Before denim Lumia camera classic was introduced for the 830/930/icon/1520.
And for all the other devices Lumia Camera.

After Denim you got again Lumia Camera (but version 5.x).

So now the old Camera app (Microsoft app) and the old Lumia camera app (version < 5) are not available anymore.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Right, technically I have it too, it's there because I have a tile on my SS, but I do not have it in the apps list. Is yours there? I updated using the restore software.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Very Interesting....wonder if that is the key difference between you having it and not me, though I also did an additional hard reset after the software recovery. You mean the one that just says "camera" right? It's in your apps list?

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Type camera in your app list search it is there. So from home screen swipe right to left then at the top type camera

It's actually not. I just get Lumia Camera, even though I can access it. Very odd. I have two Icons, both updated in the same manner, and both are missing native camera in the apps list.

jmaudi0

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
i'm still confused...sorry lol.

so Lumia Camera Classic = Lumia Camera? Why did I have an app called simply Lumia Camera after the update that didn't work?

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
It's actually not. I just get Lumia Camera, even though I can access it. Very odd. I have two Icons, both updated in the same manner, and both are missing native camera in the apps list.

The app is hidden, but its still in the system. Open your main phone settings, then swipe over to photos+camera. Under default camera app, choose Microsoft Camera. You can then launch it by pressing the camera hardware button.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The app is hidden, but its still in the system. Open your main phone settings, then swipe over to photos+camera. Under default camera app, choose Microsoft Camera. You can then launch it by pressing the camera hardware button.

Right, I figured that too, it's just weird because a few other people DO still have it in their apps list. Seems it could be depending on if you updated OTA or recovery tool.

The19thD0CT0R

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Did hard resets with a backup and a fresh start....both times resulting in no classic camera in the apps list but still available. Very weird.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I also have Camera in the apps list (the Microsoft one). I can load it and it's working correctly.

Also didn't do a clean install. Just the OTA update.

Though there's little reason to go to the Microsoft one anymore as the Lumia Camera app is actually usable now (though I wish they added a tap to focus AND take a picture instead of having to tap a part of the screen (if I want off-centered focus) and then the on-screen picture-taking button. ProShot has that feature and it's pretty cool. Haven't played with the manual features yet of the new app (don't even know if they're there still) but the manual features of ProShot was much more accessible and easier to use than the older Lumia Camera app (sure, the sliders look cool but the UI was sluggish and if you're used to DSLR adjustments, the sliders kind of suck).

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
So the question is WHY do people want the old version that doesn't have the nice features with the Denim update?

Evidently, the previous version of Lumia Camera had different scene modes. However, Microsoft Camera still has them though. Me I can live without them. LC5 is pretty kick **** if you ask me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3