Why is my FM Radio being glitchy?

raptor1jec

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
FM Radio trouble in my Icon

So, I just updated to Demin last night. The FM Radio was just static before the update, but now it works. Sorta-ish. It plays for a couple minutes, and then just grinds to a halt. FM radio doesn't rely on a data connection, that's the whole point! So what gives? It does this both unlocked and locked. Oh, and the play/pause button says it's still playing, even though it isn't.

raptor1jec

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: FM Radio trouble in my Icon

Yes I did. I just tried a brand new pair just because you suggested it. Still a no-go. FM would be awesome at work, since most of the time I do not even get service where I'm at.

raptor1jec

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the link. I already saw that post, and I actually commented on it before I started this new thread. I used to have that same issue. I might just re-flash my phone with Nokia's tool just so that I have a fresh start.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

Can you try out another FM Radio at work? Some buildings get terrible reception. I know my building doesn't get FM reception so that's why we stream at work.

And earphones/headphones really vary in ability to pick up a signal (since it's the wire that's the antenna).

raptor1jec

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Hmmm, not really. I am at home now, so signal isn't a problem. I can hear the static when the headphones aren't properly aligned. The playback will stutter, then stop like it's buffering. I just let my phone sit awhile out of frustration. About 30 minutes later it started playing again all by itself, and then kept going fine. So weird. But if I paused, it would stutter and stop again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte