Will the Icon ever get Windows 10 from Verizon?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
What does everyone think? My guess is that yesterday's update to Denim/8.1 was the last update we ever got from Verizon, except if there's some crucial bug fix.

Obviously, the Icon will get W10 anyway through the Preview program, but officially I think we're done.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
What does everyone think? My guess is that yesterday's update to Denim/8.1 was the last update we ever got from Verizon, except if there's some crucial bug fix.

Obviously, the Icon will get W10 anyway through the Preview program, but officially I think we're done.

Personally, I have my fill of Verizon's "no comment attitude" for the last 14 months - I love their 4G network - they may get Windows 10 Phone "some day" ... but< I hope to get Windows 10 form Microsoft direct over the next few months.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
MS had better be building the OS with the expectation that the device firmware will never get updated, and workaround whatever difficulties that presents. I think that's the reason for the present push to get everybody to Denim, or at least Cyan. The "Windows Insider" app could eventually become the "Windows Upgrade" app, which is promoted in the store as the new way to get the latest Windows on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999