Query: Battery Life on Denim

Marcus Hallett

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
How's everyone's battery life been since the update?

Mine has had a slight improvement; however, this was lost (as expected) by enabling "Hey Cortana!"

puckrazy1

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
No noticeable change either way for me, but I haven't enabled Hey Cortana yet either.

I'm used to iOS updates so I'm very familiar with updates that magically suck 30% more battery life than normal. This update has been virtually painless.

raptor1jec

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
My Icon battery life was significantly worse yesterday, so I let it fully die and them left it to charge overnight. I turned off "Hello Cortana" this morning, and my battery life seems back to normal, if not better. I'll try turning it back on tomorrow and see what happens.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
10hrs and I'm sitting at 62% with hey cortana being on all day, medium use

it's early imho to make definitive statements about battery life but it seems like I can expect similar performance I was getting on DP/black but I won't know for sure until after a couple of days and update cycles

*edit - forgot to say that I had to disable some apps running in the background to achieve good battery life with the DP/Black, I haven't disabled any apps running in the background with 8.1.1/Denim

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Unsure so far, maybe about the same, maybe a little worse. Cant say yet. I did a full hard reset to my ICON and DID NOT restore a backup. So I started clean.

I am hoping for the best results in performance and battery life.

After I installed all my apps last night, I disabled all the background things besides 3 apps (ones I always have enabled).

After about a week or so, I should have a good idea if it is better or worse than the DP...

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I was expecting bad battery life right after the update, but the first day had noticeably better battery life, and I had great battery life before! I haven't enabled "hey, Cortana" yet, and was wondering how it affects battery life.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
battery seems to be getting a little better everyday since we got the update, I'm pretty happy with the battery life so far since the update

wp_ss_20150214_0001.jpgwp_ss_20150214_0002.jpg

Dean3x

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
Well this worked for me. I ran my battery until my Icon shut itself off then I recharged it with the wall charger and not my wireless charger.

Now my battery seems better than it did on Lumia Black. Ironically this also appears to somehow have fix my issues with my notification bar also. And I have Hey Cortana running, Go Figure.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, far I am feeling that my battery life is a little better, Last night I went to bed, and checked it, this is after a day of about 40 texts, 2-3 under 10 min calls, checking email every hour at least, browsing the web/Weave for at least 45 min, and a minor game or 2 (not intense/high graphics games)

When I put my phone on the charger I had 68% left....

I did disable everything accept for 3 apps in the background, Disabled all the little things that we did on the DP (sync across devices, NFC/push to pay, etc). I do have "Hey Cortana" enabled but, no tile on my desktop (claimed to use up a lot of battery)

I guess it's all subjective and will vary per day but, It seems better than the DP, after doing this type of stuff by 10pm, I would see the low battery message.

Again, I hard reset and did not restore from backup...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This is from the couple days after installing denim and doing a hard reset. Battery life is significantly better. This time include multiple phone calls, a couple hundred text messages, photos/videos being taken, BaconIt and Grin browsing, Cortana searches, and internet browsing. This is also a time when i was doing a lot of setting configurations and start screen set up.

wp_ss_20150216_0001.jpg

Considering the fact that my phone is on the wireless charging dock through out the work day most days - i'd says 2.7%/hr of average drain isn't really bad at all. It's much better than the 5-6%/hr drain i was getting on Black during similar activities.

jeffreymclean

May 19, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is better than before with Hey Cortana enabled. With minimal use, I can now get several hours over a day. I was lucky to make it to a day before the upgrade. Also with normal use (normal for me), I don't see as big as spikes in the rate of discharge graph on the battery app. I was running Lumia Black on DP 8.1.

hawwie_4

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
This is from the couple days after installing denim and doing a hard reset. Battery life is significantly better. This time include multiple phone calls, a couple hundred text messages, photos/videos being taken, BaconIt and Grin browsing, Cortana searches, and internet browsing. This is also a time when i was doing a lot of setting configurations and start screen set up.

View attachment 97541

Considering the fact that my phone is on the wireless charging dock through out the work day most days - i'd says 2.7%/hr of average drain isn't really bad at all. It's much better than the 5-6%/hr drain i was getting on Black during similar activities.
'

Did you restore a backup?

Hotvak123

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
My icon is actually gotten better by 5 hours. Cortana is on
I am really happy with this phone.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150218_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20150218_0001.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 5

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
What do you have running in the background. I'm trying to decide if I should perform a hard reset.

I did a clean install with the LSRT

nothing turned off running in the background, hey cortana on all the time and I am getting battery life about the same as what Indistinguishable is reporting with similar phone use

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb