Lumia Icon Bluetooth issue

brownman2130

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I have the latest Denim update and when attempting to connect to anything via Bluetooth all I see is Accessory but can't connect to any of my devices. Has anyone seen or have this problem?

carlsTJ

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I have Lumia ICon with the new windows 8.1 update
At the begin my Bluetooth handset was working fine, but few hours later stop working
And I just restar my cellphone and the Bluetooth headset and it came to work fine.
Hope this help you.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest Denim update and when attempting to connect to anything via Bluetooth all I see is Accessory but can't connect to any of my devices. Has anyone seen or have this problem?

I presume your BT devices are paired. If so, try doing a soft reset. I've run into this before where my phone has problems connecting to BT and even WiFi. A soft reset cleared things up.

brownman2130

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
No, they are not paired. This is a new device and I did a hard reset to install Denim. Below is what I see in my Bluetooth list and it won't connect to either 'Accessory', both of which are mine but cannot view the name of the bluetooth device or cannot connect.
wp_ss_20150217_0002.jpg

iconuser165

May 5, 2014
Visit site
OK, I had a problem with connecting to a device with Denim that I had no problem connecting with on Black. It is a JBL Micro external speaker. I had a great response about using the 'forgetting" a Bluetooth connection and starting over when I asked the question here.. What I discovered is that if I held the on button on the speaker, the on light flashed on and off--as does my Jabra earpiece when it is searching for a connection. Suddenly, my speaker that could not be paired was suddenly paired. I don't remember doing that with Black.

My advice is to keep trying and keep asking questions if those attempts fail. There are many knowledgeable people on this site (sadly, I am not one of them--plug and chug is my motto;) ). I found a way for my BT speaker. I wish you success.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
No, they are not paired. This is a new device and I did a hard reset to install Denim. Below is what I see in my Bluetooth list and it won't connect to either 'Accessory', both of which are mine but cannot view the name of the bluetooth device or cannot connect.
View attachment 97508

Are you putting the devices in pairing mode? I had to do that when I re-paired my Chevy Equinox and my Microsoft Band after a hard reset. I haven't re-paired it with my SP3 yet. I'll give it a try and see if the same thing happens.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that my wife's Android device pairs with my Dodge Grand Caravans Uconnect right when she gets close to it, but i have to manually pair my Icon every time i get in it. Very annoying.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed that my wife's Android device pairs with my Dodge Grand Caravans Uconnect right when she gets close to it, but i have to manually pair my Icon every time i get in it. Very annoying.

You should only have to pair once. It should reconnect automatically when start the car. At least it works with my Chevy Equinox.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my Icon also. I had it paired with my car and it works perfectly after I turn off the car and turn on again it doesn't connect anymore. Even if I go the to the car or phone an force connection.
My wife's phone without Denim is working without issues.

Scott Goldenberg

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have probably have the same problem.

Sometimes, which I have yet to determine why, I am not able to either connect or pair my bluetooth headset. This started just after the demin update.

I have done the following tests.

1. Delete the pairing from the windows device.
2. Restart the phone.
3. Attempt to pair the headset. This works.
4. Do random tasks.
5. Try to make a call using the headset. The call goes through but the heasdsrt does pck up.
6. Try to turn bluetooth on and off.
7. Try to connect the headset. No lck.
8. Delete the pairing.
9. Try to pair. This fails with Accessory listed not the device name.
10. Restart the phone. Pairing and connecting now work.

During allthis my android Lumia Icon Bluetooth issueablet connects and pairs without any issues

The headset sppoorts aptx.

The suggestion from verizon is that I do a soft reset. Power button and down volume at the same time.

Scott

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You should only have to pair once. It should reconnect automatically when start the car. At least it works with my Chevy Equinox.

It's strange. When i get in my Icon Bluetooth says "Not Connected" and then as soon as i hit the phone button on my steering wheel, its all good to go. My wife's phone connects and announces shes connected just when she gets in reach, she doesn't have to press anything. It might be because i'm number two on the priority list? (as a good husband) IT's funny though because she cant voice text sms but when i get a text Cortana is all hands free, she is jealous of that :)

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's strange. When i get in my Icon Bluetooth says "Not Connected" and then as soon as i hit the phone button on my steering wheel, its all good to go. My wife's phone connects and announces shes connected just when she gets in reach, she doesn't have to press anything. It might be because i'm number two on the priority list? (as a good husband) IT's funny though because she cant voice text sms but when i get a text Cortana is all hands free, she is jealous of that :)

Ok. That's still kind of weird. Is your wife's phone nearby (within 30 Ft) when you having connection problems? Most car infotainment systems can only connect to one device at a time. And they're optimized for Android and iPhone. My car's Pandora app doesn't recognize that my Icon has Pandora installed. I have to start it on my phone for it to work. Once up an running, I can use my steering wheel controls to skip tracks.

Scott Goldenberg

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to add more information that I have discovered.

A little more background on my use case might help.

I use the Lumina Icon as a mobile hotspot for an android tablet. Normal operations include the use of the a blue tooth head set, Microsoft Band and the WiFi hot spot. The problem would occur randomly.

I noticed was that the Internet Sharing has a blue tooth option in the setting screen. This option is much slower than wifi and I used WiFi as my normal operating configuration. For a lark, I tried the blue tooth option. This option gives me about 1 meg access to the internet best case, compared to 45+ meg using Wifi.

The problem with my headset failing has not occurred again. When I go back to WiFi the problem reoccurs.

This leads me to following conclusions:

1. I can get most of what I need done at a slower speed with better reliability.
  2. There is a problem in the coding of the Internet Sharing app when using Wifi. I think the problem probably has to do with one of 2 things (this is speculation as a Windows Developer).
    1. The Internet sharing app places or fails to release a lock when accessing the Bluetooth device/API
    2. The Internet sharing app does a reset or query of some form on the Bluetooth device/API that interferes with other operations.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the code for Windows Phone and I cant find any diagnostics that would show me the state of the Bluetooth stack when this happens,

Hope this helps.
Scott

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Here is an article that may interest you. It's kinda techy, but it essentially says that BT and WiFi can and will interfere with each other.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth coexistence

Unfortunately, WP8.1 doesn't allow you to change the WiFi channel that your phone uses to share the internet. Both BT and 802.11 do frequency hopping and eventually it will go to a different frequency range that doesn't interfere.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 620 had the problem occasionally. My HTC win8 phone more frequent. And my newest win8phone, Lumia 640 LTE DS, has this problem repeatedly. So this means that I can't use BT while using the phone as a WiFi hotspot ... (or I can keep powercycling my device until it sticks (for that session anyway)).

Why, oh why can't MS (Nokia) fix this ... They have the greatest platform and integration of all - maybe they lack Quality control? (Wonder if IOS-devices has this problem? ... I'm not switching, but still, this would probably be something Apple would have fixed by now)

Also a proper, complete device restore function is still missing (with complete App-backup to/from a PC)

Thanks for the link :)

/thomas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb