Where to buy an Icon?

exleper

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I can't find anywhere to buy a new Lumia Icon. I'm shocked that Verizon Amazon, and Microsoft are sold out. I called all the local stores and they only have the HTC M8. Does anyone have any tips?

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I found a white one at my local VZW corporate store. Not sure how many they have. I was glad they had one. My wife had dropped her 928 so I gave her my black Icon.

Corporate store or eBay would be my only suggestions.

Last edited:

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a used one on Ebay from Gazelle. It was described as "good", but arrived nearly flawless. Updated to Denim, and threw in my TMo sim card. I am very pleased so far.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I also picked up a used Icon on eBay from deal.fisher. It looks and acts new. I got a sim card installed at the Verizon store, and the phone upgraded to Denim this week. The upgrade was smooth aside from minor issues getting a few apps updated, re-installed or uninstalled. I got a new phone only because my 822 died on me, but so far I?m very happy with the Icon.

mikeheel

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Purchased two Icons last week; one for me and one for my son. got one used from an Ebay user who said he bought it new just a few months ago and decided to go back to iPhone (since his family all had iPhones) and another off Swappa that was described as very good condition. The one on Ebay was just like new. I got a better price on Swappa. The phone from Swappa was in accurately listed, but not quite clean as the one from Ebay. Very happy with both purchases. I had read good reviews on some tech sites about Swappa, so decided to give it a try. But I hedged my bets by buying one on Ebay, too. Both were good experiences.

I know I saw some "New-Other" type listings on Ebay. They tend to be a bit pricier. I am quite satisfied with the two I purchased used. The biggest issue is finding a seller you can trust. Make sure you read the description of the actual item rather than just something someone is selling in lots.

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered one from Swappa last night. Hope to get it this weekend. Can't wait! Thanks for the tips, guys! Swappa has better deals than Ebay at this moment.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I got a black Icon from deal.fisher too. It took three tries before I got one entirely free of defect, but they were very easy to work with as far as returns and refunds, and the one I ended up with is in mint condition. I paid $220, and since Verizon gives me a $25/mo. credit for being off contract, I figure it will be paid off by the time the W10 flagship arrives ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mietaz