Phantom touch issues

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Even while writing this there at phantom touch issues on my icon after upgrading to denim. When I'm typing and it press one letter, multiple letters pop up and screw up my text. Letters from the other end of the keyboard magically appear in my words.
This was never happening prior to the denim update. I even did a hard reset but this is still happening. My sensitivity is on normal as well.
This was also a pain writing this as random letter appeared while pressing one number and sometimes the emoji keyboard would appear. Let
Me screen shot how it looked before
I fixed it. This is horrible and frustrating.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
wp_ss_20150215_0005.jpg
See how horrible the text is when i type ? I have to go back and edit everything over and sometimes the messages send by themselves especially over WhatsApp which is frustrating when I not even done writing my message.

mundyb

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
That's the way I installed the Denim update. It's not difficult, but it does wipe the phone clean. Make sure you have backed everything up first.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had this from day one on my Icon, even on Black. For me the issue happens when the phone is warm/hot. It will either stop responding to touch altogether, phantom touches, or both. The only solution is to put the phone into sleep mode and then right back on to let it cool down.

I've done Software Recovery Tool and everything and it still continues. It sucks that I am using this on Straight Talk prepaid because I would go to Verizon, but Nokia has said to send it in since it is still in warranty. I would suggest contacting Nokia because it is most likely a hardware issue.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had this from day one on my Icon, even on Black. For me the issue happens when the phone is warm/hot. It will either stop responding to touch altogether, phantom touches, or both. The only solution is to put the phone into sleep mode and then right back on to let it cool down.

I've done Software Recovery Tool and everything and it still continues. It sucks that I am using this on Straight Talk prepaid because I would go to Verizon, but Nokia has said to send it in since it is still in warranty. I would suggest contacting Nokia because it is most likely a hardware issue.

The thing is this oonly started happening after the denim update, like 2 days after and its friggin annoying ! Seeing that I don't have a laptop to use to rollback makes it worse and I can't sent it to Nokia cause I don't live in the states which sucks. I'm from the Bahamas and paying for shipping would be wayyyyy expensive for me.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
They should be able to allow you to ship it to them if it is still in warranty. I am sending mine in tomorrow because they told me too and I'm going to pick up a 635 as a spare device in the mean time. They even provided the shipping label for free. Make sure you call Microsoft and see if they can do anything if your Icon is still in warranty.

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
They should be able to allow you to ship it to them if it is still in warranty. I am sending mine in tomorrow because they told me too and I'm going to pick up a 635 as a spare device in the mean time. They even provided the shipping label for free. Make sure you call Microsoft and see if they can do anything if your Icon is still in warranty.

I resetted the phone and now its working well with no phantom touch issues. Except the red black screen everyone else is complaining about.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I resetted the phone and now its working well with no phantom touch issues. Except the red black screen everyone else is complaining about.

Hopefully that fixed it for you. Mine I knew had to be hardware because it happened on Black, after multiple hard resets and software flashes, and same story on Denim. To add to your post, it did happen more often on Denim though, which sucks. Anyway, I just dropped mine off, here's hoping they either repair it for real or replace it (or they actually take time for the symptom to reproduce itself instead of just shipping it back saying "It's fine....").

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully that fixed it for you. Mine I knew had to be hardware because it happened on Black, after multiple hard resets and software flashes, and same story on Denim. To add to your post, it did happen more often on Denim though, which sucks. Anyway, I just dropped mine off, here's hoping they either repair it for real or replace it (or they actually take time for the symptom to reproduce itself instead of just shipping it back saying "It's fine....").
Hope you get your phone back working. Even after erestarting my pphone it worked perfectly for a few hours and then the issue came back up. I restarted the phone and now its fine again. Must be the software for mw as this is only happening after the denim update, never on black.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Hope you get your phone back working. Even after erestarting my pphone it worked perfectly for a few hours and then the issue came back up. I restarted the phone and now its fine again. Must be the software for mw as this is only happening after the denim update, never on black.

Thanks...using Windows 10 on this Lumia 635 in the meantime lol :cool:

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
So, just an update on this thread: Got my phone back, but it looks like they actually gave me a brand new one. According to emails, status reports, even the packaging they sent back, it looked they had just repaired my original phone (listed the same IMEI number). However, when I pulled the phone, it was brand new, with a new sticker and IMEI number.

If your phone is still in warranty I would suggest sending it in so you could possibly get a new one like I did. The new one works perfectly fine now, and playing games or using the phone while it is warm no longer results in phantom touches or non-responsive screens. I'm so happy they replaced it completely.

whoswhoo

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My Icon did this pre denim and has done it post denim. Its really weird. It'll do it all day, whether I restart it or not and then will go a month before it acts up again. I have no idea what causes it.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My Icon did this pre denim and has done it post denim. Its really weird. It'll do it all day, whether I restart it or not and then will go a month before it acts up again. I have no idea what causes it.

It is more than likely heat or something malfunctioning in the processor/digitizer. Like I said, with this new one, not only are the phantom touch issues gone completely, but also "Hey, Cortana!" works nearly 100% of the time; with my malfunctioning Icon, it would work for the first 2 times out of 10, then it would never work at all. I would seriously try to get it replaced if possible. Amazon has a deal for 635s for 29.99 right now so I would order one as a replacement phone until they repair/replace it.

Rick Doll

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I get these as well. I find that when I do if I go clean the screen really well it goes back to normal. Maybe heat of the device + skin oils?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa