Nokia Lumia Icon, no internet access on AT&T network

0pTicaL

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I switched to AT&T today (from Verizon) and next to my signal bar it says "AT&T H" which I looked up and means HSPA. However I am unable to access the internet. I've read somewhere that I have to change the APN settings in order to regain internet access and I'm having trouble finding the correct settings. Been at this for 3hrs straight, any help would be much appreciated!

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Go to your cellular and sim , change the name to wap.cingular or pta. Then edit apn name apn pta, leave name and password blank, for proxy server enter proxy.mobile.att.net , proxy port is 80.

0pTicaL

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I go to cellular+SIM -> SIM settings -> Turn Manual Internet APN to "ON" -> edit internet APN

Under APN, I tried pta and wap.cingular, both doesn't work. I rebooted after each entry.

Creeto

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I go to cellular+SIM -> SIM settings -> Turn Manual Internet APN to "ON" -> edit internet APN

Under APN, I tried pta and wap.cingular, both doesn't work. I rebooted after each entry.
In sim settings change name sim to wap.cingular then in edit apn name pta. Also enter the proxy server and port

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I switched to AT&T today (from Verizon) and next to my signal bar it says "AT&T H" which I looked up and means HSPA. However I am unable to access the internet. I've read somewhere that I have to change the APN settings in order to regain internet access and I'm having trouble finding the correct settings. Been at this for 3hrs straight, any help would be much appreciated!

check this
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-denim-internet-mms-maybe-other-carriers.html

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Here are the settings to use. Everything works perfectly with those APN settings. MMS settings can't be edited at the moment, as the update to Windows Insider app has broken the ability to write to the registry and unhide MMS APN settings.

Programming non-AT&T devices with the correct APN and MMS data settings- AT&T Wireless Support

Sorry for bumping on old thread but I recently just got a 950 XL on ATTs network after switching from Verizon. I previously had an Icon. So I tried a lot of the APN settings I found online and nothing worked. Then I read that link and tried the one it said there to just list "phone" as the apn and leave the rest of the fields blank. I thought for sure that wouldn't work but I entered it and now data/internet works great! The top still says "H" or "H+" so I don't know what that means but I checked the speeds and I'm getting LTE type speeds 3-5 Mbps down and up. So now everything works on the Icon Data, SMS, Calls but MMS still doesn't work and I cant find any way to edit those settings on this phone. Is it ok that I use this H+ network with my data plan?

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
H+ is fine. It's basically 3G+ or 3.5G. It's not actually 4G although T-Mobile advertises it as standard 4G, and then 4G LTE is above that.

Basically H+ will give you 3-5 Mbps and LTE can give you speeds about 10x faster than that. However, for most things H+ should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs