04-08-2016 03:26 PM
90 1234
tools
    Thanks for the quick workaround! Any idea as to how we can keep cellular data on and still send over 3g? Thanks
    04-26-2015 12:04 PM
    So I have noticed I get LTE on Cricket in certain spots around town. I get h+ almost always but I didn't know lte is supported on cricket.
    bo_woods likes this.
    05-01-2015 08:45 PM
    I'm in Canada on Telus, I did all the steps. It's not working. What do you mean manually set up the apn?
    05-09-2015 12:25 PM
    I'm in Canada on Telus, I did all the steps. It's not working. What do you mean manually set up the apn?
    I'm on bell and I had to factory reset, leave everything to default then download access point and run it (even though it says not supported when run) and my mms and internet sharing worked. If you can't find success with any of the above methods, try this. PM me if you need more details 😊
    05-11-2015 06:30 PM
    Hey guys, I took the plunge and updated to Windows 10 Build 10080, and later factory reset it to clean up bugs. Any way to install the Access Point app in this build? The new Beta Store app opens with IE links, but does not actually open the app's page... So I'm stuck without MMS for now.
    Last edited by juan6996; 05-15-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    Willy Soughers likes this.
    05-14-2015 09:04 PM
    Hey guys, I took the plunge and updated to Windows 10 Build 10080, and later factory reset it to clean up bugs. Any way to install the Access Point app in this build? The new Beta Store app opens with IE links, but does not actually open the app's page... So I'm stuck without MMS for new.
    Hi Juan! And yeah, glad I didn't upgrade. I'm on cricket here and would've been really bummed if I lost mms. Its invaluable. Keep us updated on whether or not you're able to sort it out please! You're always ahead of the curve figuring things out haha. Cheers!
    juan6996 likes this.
    05-14-2015 11:55 PM
    When the final build for windows 10 releases will it take away mms?! I better take off auto update until I hear more about this.
    05-15-2015 12:24 AM
    When the final build for windows 10 releases will it take away mms?! I better take off auto update until I hear more about this.
    I think its a temporary bug with the new Store app not being able to open an app's page when opened from a windowsphone.com link.
    05-15-2015 05:50 AM
    Hi Juan! And yeah, glad I didn't upgrade. I'm on cricket here and would've been really bummed if I lost mms. Its invaluable. Keep us updated on whether or not you're able to sort it out please! You're always ahead of the curve figuring things out haha. Cheers!

I'll see if I can figure it out. BTW, performance is almost as good as 8.1 after the factory reset. I wrote about my experiences updating here: HiImJayC comments on Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10080 for phone now available
    Willy Soughers likes this.
    05-15-2015 05:53 AM
    Quick update. Was not able to get MMS working on ATT on 10080. Flashed back to 8.1
    05-17-2015 03:24 PM
    Am I missing something?

After I downloaded access point I cannot access it through the app list.

could someone assist with this?
    05-24-2015 04:18 PM
    Am I missing something?

After I downloaded access point I cannot access it through the app list.

could someone assist with this?
    it is in the settings menu not the app list.
    05-25-2015 08:33 PM
    Can you send SMS on 3G (HSPA or HSPA+) with mobile data on?
    Hey could you please explain exactly what you did for this to work on AT&T/CRICKET.... I'm a bit lost

So everything works for you Calling, SMS, MMS, and data... you just have to turn off cellular data in order for SMS to go through, right? Thanks
    05-31-2015 11:15 PM
    Hey could you please explain exactly what you did for this to work on AT&T/CRICKET.... I'm a bit lost

So everything works for you Calling, SMS, MMS, and data... you just have to turn off cellular data in order for SMS to go through, right? Thanks
    If I am on 3G (the phone will show H or H+), then I have to turn cellular data off to send an SMS...
    Aside from that, everything else works.
    06-03-2015 01:18 AM
    Has anyone tried to send MMS on a TMO sim card, but one that does not have any data on the plan? Only talk and text?
    06-11-2015 10:44 PM
    Okay ... I took the chance on this method (including hard resetting my phone) and it worked!!

I have am a brand new customer of T-Mobile and have an Verizon Icon. Two of my kids also own Icon's. I have been trying everything, including this method (without hard resetting the phone) and nothing worked. I came back here tonight and said, okay this is the last resort. I hard reset my Icon and followed the instructions and I now have LTE and MMS on T-Mobile using my Icon.

I can't thank the OP enough for posting this. I was actually thinking the 3 of us were going to have to get new phones, and as many know, there are not any Windows phones better than the Icon.

Thanks!!
    06-18-2015 08:43 PM
    Okay ... I took the chance on this method (including hard resetting my phone) and it worked!!

I have am a brand new customer of T-Mobile and have an Verizon Icon. Two of my kids also own Icon's. I have been trying everything, including this method (without hard resetting the phone) and nothing worked. I came back here tonight and said, okay this is the last resort. I hard reset my Icon and followed the instructions and I now have LTE and MMS on T-Mobile using my Icon.

I can't thank the OP enough for posting this. I was actually thinking the 3 of us were going to have to get new phones, and as many know, there are not any Windows phones better than the Icon.

Thanks!!
    Is SMS working??

and the ICON/930 is the best windows phone out alongside the 1520...
    They both together are the best. Leaving the 1520 out like that was pretty cruel, and could've been hurtful to the feelings of the phablet
    06-18-2015 09:12 PM
    Windows 10 mobile 10136 allows manual internet apn and mms apn. Lte and mms working on at&t in Chicago.
    06-19-2015 04:41 PM
    Hi guys, my apologies in advance if this has already been answered: I am a current Verizon customer with 4 active lines; I'd like to switch to T-Mobile; fortunately, it appears--after reading through the forum--that I can move over to T-Mobile and keep my Icon. That said, when I signup with T-Mobile, what should I do when prompted to choose either (a) move my phone over to T-Mobile (the Icon isn't listed) or (b) choose a new phone?

Thank you for helping me out guys!
    06-23-2015 03:19 PM
    Hi guys, my apologies in advance if this has already been answered: I am a current Verizon customer with 4 active lines; I'd like to switch to T-Mobile; fortunately, it appears--after reading through the forum--that I can move over to T-Mobile and keep my Icon. That said, when I signup with T-Mobile, what should I do when prompted to choose either (a) move my phone over to T-Mobile (the Icon isn't listed) or (b) choose a new phone?

Thank you for helping me out guys!
    You definitely want to do (a), and you should be able to just pick any phone with the same size SIM card.
    06-23-2015 03:25 PM
    Ok great, thank you so much for the help. One more question (if you happen to know): if I choose option (a), then later decide that I'd like to get a new phone i.e., Samsung Galaxy s6 or *hopefully* the Lumia 940, can I purchase at a discounted rate or do I have to pay full price?

Appreciate the help
    06-23-2015 03:57 PM
    Ok great, thank you so much for the help. One more question (if you happen to know): if I choose option (a), then later decide that I'd like to get a new phone i.e., Samsung Galaxy s6 or *hopefully* the Lumia 940, can I purchase at a discounted rate or do I have to pay full price?

Appreciate the help
    With T-Mobile you pay full price for every phone you get through them, however, you can spread that cost out over two years.
    06-24-2015 05:22 PM
    Has anyone tried Windows 10 build 10136 on the Icon with T-Mobile. I'm trying to figure out if the SMS not working over 3G is fixed. If so I will probably hang onto this phone until Windows 10 is released. If it's not fixed then I may start looking for a different phone to use on T-Mobile.
    06-25-2015 12:48 PM
    I also just switched.. to the Icon and am on T-mobile and felt maybe a consolidated setup and guide would help for anyone thinking of going to the Icon. I did because of battery and camera and size..

What I have working.. MMS, Visual Voicemail, and about everythign else.. EXCEPT SMS on HSPA and HSPA+ (See below)

#1 - Don't go to WinMo10 its useless and pointless they messed up WP8.1 so bad its not funny. Its like Win10 desktop with Win7 issues.. Its bad. HOPEFULLY the release will fix some of these things.

#2 - DO upgrade to the latest Lumia OS. Login to your Windows Account (BUT DO NOT retrieve your backup YET), Go install "Preview for Developers" and install all your updates (Currently thru 8.10.14219.341)

#3 - Hard reset the phone

#4 - Login and NOW install your backup

#5 - Now go to post #1 of this thread and that will fix your MMS

and your done.

NOTE: You will NOT be able to send SMS texts on the T-mobile Network when you see H or H+ as your band.

It WILL send SMS on Edge, or LTE.

When (not if) you get the dreaded "Cant send text".

Go to : Settings > cellular+SIM > SIM settings

Set to "Highest Connection Speed" pull down to 2G. You will then be able to send SMS in a H and H+ environment. Which is fine if you have WiFi. If you don't well you will be on Edge and internet will be slow. If internet is more what you need at the time just go back and switch the speed back to 4G.

That is unless someone else has a FIX and not a workaround.. and I would love to hear it.

I MAYBE going to a "new" 925.. as the SMS thing is annoying. But I will wait to find out if T-mobile is getting the 940 or 940 XL first.
    Last edited by Charles Goin; 07-01-2015 at 11:16 AM.
    07-01-2015 11:06 AM
    No need to switch down to 2G speeds. I just added a shortcut to cellular data on the notification bar and just turn it off when I want to send texts. Annoying but it's quick and it works.
    07-01-2015 11:27 AM
90 1234