Lumia Icon on TMOBILE (Everything is working) with Denim (Internet, MMS, ...) - Maybe other carriers

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the steps that I did in My Icon to have everything working with Denim
It is working for TMOBILE-US.. Maybe other carriers

1 - Cellular + SIM
2 - SIM settings
3 - Turn on Manual Internet APN
4 - Click on edit internet APN
5 - Configure the APN: fast.tmobile.com
6 - Install Access Point https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/...895c7-01d0-4daf-a4c3-25c10463942d?signin=true
7 - Open the Application (It will fail)
8 - Reboot
9 - Change the date to year 2115
10 - Open Access point again (It will as to unistall)
11 - Click on unistall
11.5 - Change the date back and turn on the automatically
12 - Cellular + SIM
13 - SIM settings
14 - Turn off Manual Internet APN
15 - Send a MMS to yourself to activate.
16 - Enjoy!!!! :grin:

Confirmed on tmobile-us, tellus-canada

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia Icon on TMOBILE (Everything is working) with Denim (Internet, MMS, ...)

I think you forgot:

step 11.5 reset the date to the correct date

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lumia Icon on TMOBILE (Everything is working) with Denim (Internet, MMS, ...)

Doesn't seem to be working for me. I still get a "Can't send media content. Contact your mobile operator to adjust your settings" message after it fails.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Doesn't seem to be working for me. I still get a "Can't send media content. Contact your mobile operator to adjust your settings" message after it fails.

This is what I did and it is working. try a hard reset before the steps. I have other people using the same process and got it working.

Last edited:

HyperChrisX

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I thought I might need a reset first. I'm not home right now and don't have a charger on me to do that at the moment though.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lumia Icon on TMOBILE (Everything is working) with Denim (Internet, MMS, ...) - Maybe ATT

Will this cause you to get pic and video messages? Cause I gotta turn my cellular data on to open media content all the time then turn off cellular.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
While this method seems to work, what you really want to do is set the MMS APN properly. If you are the type of person who is comfortable editing the registry, I'd suggest heading over to XDA's Windows Phone 8 development and hacking forum for my method for unhiding the MMS APN settings so you can use the phone on any GSM network you want (subject to cellular band compatibility) easily and on the fly

You likely have to hard reset the phone with the OP's method because the MMS APN settings end up sticking with no way to change then based on the first SIM you put in (I had this problem coming back to VZW, couldn't even get LTE to work). Much cleaner to just reenable the hidden settings

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia Icon on TMOBILE (Everything is working) with Denim (Internet, MMS, ...) - Maybe ATT

Will this cause you to get pic and video messages? Cause I gotta turn my cellular data on to open media content all the time then turn off cellular.

Yes any mms

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
can't get this method to work. Hmmm. Since the other method is patched, idkwtf to do now. I'll try a reset and see how it goes i guess.

Last edited:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Dude, thank you.
Totally unrelated to your plan after the first few steps but. Setting the manual internet APN got my TMo MMS working on my AT&T unlocked Lumia 635. You're a real life saver xD

Last edited:

David Fleetwood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I didn't find any way to do it

Did you try the method listed in the article? It seems to be device independent and WP8 seems to build the feature in so it should just be a matter of activating it. Changing your phone listed to a 925 and then changing back should activate it...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss