Lumia Icon on TMOBILE (Everything is working) with Denim (Internet, MMS, ...) - Maybe other carriers

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I can also confirm after the denim update in Canada that I get full LTE with everything working, all I had to do was manually set the apn.

wustlmike19

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. I have an ICON working on T-mobile, beautifully --MMS, LTE, the works. However, during the times i cannot send an SMS, like when there is no reception, I do not get the option to "retry." Any thoughts?

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I was skeptical about this, but it works like a charm! Now my Icon has MMS both ways, tethering, and visual voicemail. All on AT&T. No LTE though.

Edit: Here are the internet apn settings that I used for att: http://i.imgur.com/dK3JYP9.png

I was curious if you ended up getting LTE to work with At&t (I saw info here and another thread). I noticed the icon is cheaper on eBay than the m8 but don't want to get the icon if I can't get it working 100%.

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was curious if you ended up getting LTE to work with At&t (I saw info here and another thread). I noticed the icon is cheaper on eBay than the m8 but don't want to get the icon if I can't get it working 100%.

I dont think it does have the att base bands

shawns77

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I can also confirm after the denim update in Canada that I get full LTE with everything working, all I had to do was manually set the apn.
Same here on rogers. The only problem I've had from day one with this phone is not being able to receive mms videos. They always get converted to an .amr file(audio only) with a thumbnail image. I can't seem to find any information on why the hell this is happening!

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Correction: I cannot send sms when i am on 3g, everything else works fine....anythoughts, anyone?

I have the same issue... every once in a while a message will go through on 3g hspa, but there doesn't appear to be a consistent workaround. MMS works totally fine on 3g hspa though so I don't know where the problem is

erik1220

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issues. Calls and everything besides SMS seem to be working fine. Anyone have any idea as to why and if there is a solution to bypass this?

heywhitmarsh

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issues. Calls and everything besides SMS seem to be working fine. Anyone have any idea as to why and if there is a solution to bypass this?

I've tried every combination of internet apn and access point installs and uninstalls and I've found a workaround.

SMS can only be sent on 3G (hspa or hspa+) if cellular data is toggled off.
I've reliably been able to send SMS over 3G with cellular data toggled off, and if the setting is in the action center its very quick to do. (it may take like 10-15 seconds after hitting the toggle for messages to go through)

SMS can be received on 3G just fine when cellular data is on.

jobinthomas

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Very nice, I'll give this a try and report back if it works

EDIT: Looks like this has been a reliable workaround for me as well. Thanks heywhitmarsh

Last edited:

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think it will work with cricket too? I am about to join cricket service very soon.
Didn't check I someone replied to you and I know its been a while since you posted, but yes. I can confirm everything works with cricket since they use att as the mvno. I've been using cricket for a couple weeks. You may even be able to use lte since in some areas, cricket still supports they're old cdma standards. Visual vm will not be included though, that's a limitation of the carrier though. You need their official app or a cricket device to use it natively.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077