Hard reset after Denim fixed everything

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago my Icon started taking a long time wake when I pushed the power button. It would say "Resuming..." for 3-4 seconds before the start screen came up. I thought it might be related to Tetra Lockscreen even though I had uninstalled it, and I decided it was time to clean house.

Now not only is my wakeup time back to near zero, everything else feels a little faster, back to that quick smooth response we all love about WP. And all my live tiles are working perfectly at once, which is unusual ;) Finally, I regained nearly a GB of storage, mostly reduction in System and elimination of Other.

The process took only about 15 minutes (not counting logging into stuff) and was quite painless. I recommend it ;)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to break it to you, but it probably was related to the lockscreen. Enabling Kid's Corner and disabling it was the fix of choice.

But nice to hear its improved operation! I remember hearing the wonder-stories of things fixed with a hard reset when 8.1 first appeared.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
yeah, you should have asked the people here before you did the hard reset.... of course a hard reset would solve everything.

​most probably it was a lockscreen thing, and their is a solution for that.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Its probly better to do a hard reset after a firmware upgrade anyway. And if you have a backup, not really a big deal anyway. (Unless youre a big gamer...) :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3