Lumia ICON shutter stutter

Laura Murphy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my husband and I both have Icons with Verizon, bought same day (one is white, one black). My phone's camera has been stuttering - that's what it looks and sounds like - for several months. I did update to Denim recently but it hasn't helped. I tried Lumia camera tools and the Windows Phone camera, same results. It may have something to do with lower lighting but flash on, off or auto doesn't matter. Is anyone else experiencing this? My husband's phone is fine (I hate it when it's just me!).
TIA,
Laura

romant56

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Does it eventually take the picture? My gf's Icon used to take a while to focus, and would sometimes require new placement to actually take the picture. The Denim update seemed to fix it. You are using the Lumia Camera now, right - not the Classic? You may try resetting the camera to defaults (the option is somewhere in the settings) or uninstalling and reinstalling Lumia Camera. The last thing I would try is completely resetting your phone. It's somewhat annoying to have to set the whole phone up again, but if all your contacts and pictures are automatically backed up to OneDrive it doesn't take as long as you may think.

If you completely reset your phone and it still "stutters," then you may a hardware problem. Good luck!

beantownsouth

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Laura do you have "living images" turned on in the Lumia camera 5 app? If you open the camera and go to settings, there is a place to shut off "living images". It makes the camera kind of shake when looking at a pic. Just something for you to check.

laramr

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Icon. Occasionally have shutter stutter when launching the camera app. Settles down after a few seconds and then works fine. It's random.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234