General Video Recoding Playback Issues After Denim

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Has any one experienced any issues with video capturing since the Denim update? My video settings are 1080p/30fps...Surround Sound On.

Capturing video is fine...playback on Windows Media PLAYER is fine. If I playback on Plex (Xbox One, Phone App, Windows 8 App), it doesn't work. If I upload to Facebook (from the phone), it says upload failed. I cannot resolve this...I've rebooted, uninstalled/reinstalled the Facebook app, rebooted my Plex server...updated library...nothing...has difficult playing back the video (will often show the first frame and that will be it.)

Any clue?

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
May have to do with the 5.1 audio. When you record with surround sound there are 2 streams recorded, the Dolby 5.1 (6 channel e-ac-3) and stereo (2 channel aac). There may be a problem with Plex/Facebook and Dolby 5.1 given the licensing fees Dolby charges. I personally haven't had problems with Plex and AC-3 streams, but that's after I pass them through Handbrake when I rip blurays so it may clean up the file in a way that Plex can read.

I'd try a video with the surround sound disabled and see if that works. If it does, you can always strip out the 5.1 sound stream. Follow the directions here, but make sure you only choose the 2nd stream when re-muxing. I played around with it this morning on my computer to see if it would work for another thread, and it seemed to remux properly with the h264 video and stereo audio

You can also just re-encode the video with Handbrake and choose the output audio stream type that you want.

EDIT: If you choose to re-mux with the Shana encoder mentioned in the article, you need to do this to get the audio to work properly:

Right Click File Name > Video/Audio Stream Selection > 0:2(und): Audio: AAC.... ADD

Then make sure you remove the 0:1 stream above the 0:2 you have added in the lower right hand box

summer600

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
I also noticed upload video to facebook from the app fails every time. Hadn't actually made the denim link, since I can't even remember when I got it. I actually thought it was the new Lumia Camera update that might have caused it.
And uploading video from the windows facebook app is not supported, and uploading from the facebook website from onedrive does also not work.
I also tried uploading an older movie from before the denim update but that failed on facebook app as well. Would be strange that a movie created before the update was altered during the update. So I would rather assume the facebook problem is a facebook problem, especially since the app and the website both have the same problem.

Anyone else have problem with uploading movies to facebook? I haven't tried playback on xbox one, but playback on windows 8.1 from onedrive app is no problem. I record at 720p/30fps with surround off.
Update: just did some more checking and on 18-02-2015 I was able to upload a movie, that I could not upload just now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills