Reboot is backwards?

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that on Lumia black, when i would reboot my phone it would go in this order:
1. Nokia Logo
.2 Bright as the sun Verizon screen
3. Modern Windows logo
Then start screen.

Now when i reboot it goes like this :
1. Nokia Logo
2. Modern start logo
3. Really strange back light bleed (will include pictures shortly)
4. Verizon screen
Then start screen. Is this just me or anyone else notice this?
Note: i upgraded from the 8.1.1 DP not fresh install.
Photos.problem 3.jpg
This screen shows after the Windows logo for about 5 seconds before going to the Verizon logo.
problem 1.jpg
"goodbye" screen is also really terrible light bleed-ish.
problem 2.jpg
And what makes me know it's the firmware is Nokia logo is still jet black black background.

Last edited:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed that on Lumia black, when i would reboot my phone it would go in this order:
1. Nokia Logo
.2 Bright as the sun Verizon screen
3. Modern Windows logo
Then start screen.

Now when i reboot it goes like this :
1. Nokia Logo
2. Modern start logo
3. Really strange back light bleed (will include pictures shortly)
4. Verizon screen
Then start screen. Is this just me or anyone else notice this?
Note: i upgraded from the 8.1.1 DP not fresh install.
You mentioned black! Does that mean u haven't upgraded to the latest firmware currently available that is Lumia Cyan??.
If u hhaven't that I would suggest u to do so as early as possible. Here are some ways which can fix these problems
1 use Lumia software recovery tool and flash the latest build available for your device.
2 soft reset
3 hard reset ( backup device data first and restore days when the process completes)

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
You mentioned black! Does that mean u haven't upgraded to the latest firmware currently available that is Lumia Cyan??.
If u hhaven't that I would suggest u to do so as early as possible. Here are some ways which can fix these problems
1 use Lumia software recovery tool and flash the latest build available for your device.
2 soft reset
3 hard reset ( backup device data first and restore days when the process completes)
To Kaushik -
Congratulations on the most complete failure to comprehend I have seen in a very long time.

The OP has an Icon. Cyan never existed for the Icon. He's on Denim now, comparing it to Black which he had last week. He's not asking how to get to Cyan, for which you have described the most data-destructive way to do it.

To Kasey -
No idea why they changed the order of boot images. Up until I got a 635 last week, I thought all ATT phones were: ugly ATT logo, Nokia logo, Windows logo, start screen. The 635 moves the ATT logo to after Windows. Maybe at some point they decided it was more important that the customer see Nokia and Windows first, instead of the carrier logo. Meaning 'this is a Nokia Windows device on the ATT network' instead of 'this is an ATT device from Nokia running Windows'

Last edited:

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
To Kaushik -
Congratulations on the most complete failure to comprehend I have seen in a very long time.

The OP has an Icon. Cyan never existed for the Icon. He's on Denim now, comparing it to Black which he had last week. He's not asking how to get to Cyan, for which you have described the most data-destructive way to do it.

To Kasey -
No idea why they changed the order of boot images. Up until I got a 635 last week, I thought all ATT phones were: ugly ATT logo, Nokia logo, Windows logo, start screen. The 635 moves the ATT logo to after Windows. Maybe at some point they decided it was more important that the customer see Nokia and Windows first, instead of the carrier logo. Meaning 'this is a Nokia Windows device on the ATT network' instead of 'this is an ATT device from Nokia running Windows'

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you. For both correcting him and answering my question!

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
To Kaushik -

To Kasey -
Actually I never used a carrier locked device, hence had no idea that the icon didn't get the cyan firmware, which may have caused some boot issue, anyways thanks fr correcting me😊

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3