How do I transfer contacts to my car phone?

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Transfer contact to car phone

Hi All,

​ I'm a bit stumped. I have my Icon synced with my Mercedes C300 via Bluetooth. Everything works fine..receiving and making calls. Responding to texts with Cortana. However, I want to add a new contact to the cars phone book. I go to the contact on the Icon...select share the contact...choose via Bluetooth....but the Bluetooth connection for the car does not show up to select. This is very strange since the phone and the car are already connected via Bluetooth. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The only option in the car is to 'receive business card.' But it always says 'no contact received.' My old TP2 I was able to send contact info as a business card. Very strange.

anon8959613

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
The only option in the car is to 'receive business card.' But it always says 'no contact received.' My old TP2 I was able to send contact info as a business card. Very strange.

so you are saying that you 'synced' your phone to the car first by sending all the contacts via bluetooth ?

riquejohnson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what access phone from the menu means. Surely, I can go into the people hub on the phone as choose someone to dial. What I'm trying to avoid is picking up the phone. I want to transfer a contact from the Icons address book to the cars phone address book. This way, I can select phone using the steering wheel controls and then scroll to person I want to call from the cars address book.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I go to the contact on the Icon...select share the contact...choose via Bluetooth....but the Bluetooth connection for the car does not show up to select.

It never worked for me too with 928. But I was able to add contacts manually (which I didnt like, I had to dictate number and name)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I was checking with Prius. 928 didnt transfer contacts, but i believe friends Galaxy S3 did offer transferring soon after connection. I just gave up, thought it's OS limitation

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3