Ongoing issues with Denim on the ICON...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been dealing with the ongoing issue of LTE data stopping working for no reason, this problem most people wont notice till they try to open a Mail tile/app and see that it cant sync. Texts come in fine. *snip* Has anyone else seen this issue from the time installing Denim ? Or is it just me ?

Do you lose reception where this occurs? I've seen it previously where the phone just doesn't pick up the data connection again afterwards...frustrating.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You should check to see what apps were recently updated. I generally don't have problems unless I (or my daughter) plays a game. Even though apps were updated for 8.1/Denim, I don't think they were optimized for it.

For me I have issues after using Here Drive+ or if my daughter plays certain games. I usually do a few soft resets; meaning I hold power volume down until I feel it vibrate a few times.

It's not really any one app in particular. Once the phone gets the least bit warm, all apps start working well. The phone needs a hard reset. No doubt about it.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
After a couple weeks without the wifi ceasing to work, it has started doing it again.

Shows not connected, shows correct networks in location, when trying to connect to network (known or not) gives can't connect error, try again later.

Reboot fixes it, but if I wanted to restart my phone a couple times per day, I wouldn't have a Windows phone.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you lose reception where this occurs? I've seen it previously where the phone just doesn't pick up the data connection again afterwards...frustrating.

Sorry have not been here in a few days. texts and phone calls come in fine, it's just data on the phone completely stops working. So cortana and other features do not work at all. The worst part about it, is you wont even know about it till you open an app/email, etc. So just looking at tiles on your phone are worthless now days, because I HAVE to open my email to see if it's syncing properly and if I have new emails.

This did happen before and Verizon released a patch to fix it.. Hoping they do that again.

gmantione

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
With all of these Wi-Fi and data issues you guys are having, have any of you had some difficulty with Xbox Music lately? I can't stream a single song unless it's saved to my phone... I've tried resetting and restarting the app/phone, and every combination of turning Wi-Fi/data on and off, and nothing is fixing this. I can browse the music on the store, and I can even download it and play it (so long as I go all the way back into my collection and change it to show only songs on my phone).
At first this was more sporadic, and would resolve after restarting my phone. Now, however, it has been several days of simply not being able to stream any music. It's not even like I can reinstall the app or anything.
Has MSFT acknowledged any issue along these lines? I feel like this must just be caused by a recent update to the app or something.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So just looking at tiles on your phone are worthless now days, because I HAVE to open my email to see if it's syncing properly and if I have new emails.

With all of these Wi-Fi and data issues you guys are having, have any of you had some difficulty with Xbox Music lately?

It isn't going to be the lack of apps that makes me switch, it is going to be this bull$hit. I have an HTC M8 with Windows (that I used until the Denim update) which does the same stuff.

Sometimes can't connect to Wifi, sometimes cell data stops working, Xbox music sometimes works. It is just really inconsistent.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry have not been here in a few days. texts and phone calls come in fine, it's just data on the phone completely stops working. So cortana and other features do not work at all. The worst part about it, is you wont even know about it till you open an app/email, etc. So just looking at tiles on your phone are worthless now days, because I HAVE to open my email to see if it's syncing properly and if I have new emails.

This did happen before and Verizon released a patch to fix it.. Hoping they do that again.

Yeah, I can't quite remember if I had voice/text at the time...I think I did. It was only for a few minutes as we were trying to get address/maps info out in the boonies.

It was back with my 928, and it was quite a feat to even find an area where I lost reception in the first place. :p

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife has had constant connection problems since upgrading her Icon. It seems to work better if we just disable WiFi completely, but even then it still has issues sometimes. We actually got a replacement and it has the exact same problems. Apps will just stop working and say to check your connection with LTE and WiFi both connected, or just LTE connected. She's basically just learned to live with it at this point. I've tried everything. I have the M8 in the same house and never have any problems at all.

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
My wife has had constant connection problems since upgrading her Icon. It seems to work better if we just disable WiFi completely, but even then it still has issues sometimes. We actually got a replacement and it has the exact same problems. Apps will just stop working and say to check your connection with LTE and WiFi both connected, or just LTE connected. She's basically just learned to live with it at this point. I've tried everything. I have the M8 in the same house and never have any problems at all.

^THIS

Exact same problem on mine and my daughter's Icon. Hers tends to do it a bit more than mine. I noticed it when she started eating through data and I told her to remember to turn on her Wi-Fi. She pointed out the apps saying they can't connect and Cortana not connecting. However, they work if we switch to LTE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720