Using Xbox Music to Play Music from OneDrive

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So I just read this article:

How to access your music collection from OneDrive with Xbox Music | Windows Central

However, I already had a folder called "music" in my OneDrive root folder (i.e. OneDrive\Music). When I open my Xbox Music app on my Icon, it doesn't see the folder and doesn't see the music that I already have there. So how do I get it to work. It's working fine on my SP3.

I checked my Xbox account and it shows I'm signed in. Any ideas.

Thanks.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok. So I just read this article:

How to access your music collection from OneDrive with Xbox Music | Windows Central

However, I already had a folder called "music" in my OneDrive root folder (i.e. OneDrive\Music). When I open my Xbox Music app on my Icon, it doesn't see the folder and doesn't see the music that I already have there. So how do I get it to work. It's working fine on my SP3.

I checked my Xbox account and it shows I'm signed in. Any ideas.

Thanks.

You have to change it to show Streaming.

Open Xbox Music app, goto songs and tap showing ... underneath Songs at the top. From there select streaming.

Although im still having my own issues as its only showing like 20 some ought songs out of the 162 I uploaded to OneDrive. Maybe because I have all the songs on my SD already? -shrug- idk

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You have to change it to show Streaming.

Open Xbox Music app, goto songs and tap showing ... underneath Songs at the top. From there select streaming.

Although im still having my own issues as its only showing like 20 some ought songs out of the 162 I uploaded to OneDrive. Maybe because I have all the songs on my SD already? -shrug- idk

Thanks. I tried that, and it only shows the songs I have actually streamed via Xbox streaming. It shows NONE of the songs I have uploaded to OneDrive. I have over 20,000 tracks (approx. 170GB) of music uploaded to OneDrive. Could it be the fact that they are organized in folders by artist then album?

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
That could be the case. I have my collection sorted by albums in folders, but it took about an hour to get all of the info synced. I also have a lot of missing album covers on my phone which are present on my Music Folder in OD. I also had to reboot my device to get it to start the sync, but that could have been because my data connection had locked up again...

I will say this: streaming this music over LTE is a huge data-drain. I think it streams the files in the bit-rate that they are encoded, so 320 files will use more data than 256. This would be nearly unusable for people who are NOT on unlimited data plans. I have used 815mb of data in just about 6 hours of streaming 256 AAC (MP4) files.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It may have to do with the folder named music being in your Onedrive, created by you. Try renaming your folder and see if OneDrive will create the appropriate Music folder. They have said that any mp3 files stored in any folder other than Music will not be visible. It may be seeing your created folder as just another folder.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
As a matter of fact, if you goto music.xbox.com there is now a "Add your music to Onedrive" link at the top of your collection screen. After renaming the folder click the button and see if it creates the appropriate folder for you.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I did that and it recreated a folder named, "Music 1." I dropped some music into it and it showed up in my Xbox Music on my phone. I wonder what would happen if I renamed the folder... I wish it would have recognized that I already had a folder named, "music" though or allow me to choose a folder instead. It would have made things much more convenient.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs