Is the a ICON/930 still a good buy??

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I see a nice opportunity for me to get an ICON and I was wondering ,would I actually enjoy it..I always see co.plaints about TERRIBLE battery life and it getting EXTREMELY hot...is everyone with an icon really having these problems?/:asleep:

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I purchased it week ago.best phone ever. After update to denim,battery life is exellent.did get serious hot with cyan update. Camera is mind blowing, with manual settings in lumia camera. Using it instead of dlsr :)

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I would not trade my Icon for anything right now. Coming from many recent android devices.....I can not imagine going back to android and not using my Icon. It's wicked fast, buttery smooth, and has a camera that beats up all others and spits in their eyes!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased an Icon and couldn't be happier. The battery gets me through a day of moderate to heavy usage. Compared to my 928 the battery is better, its faster and smoother. I haven't had any issues with excessive heat either. My only complaint is that I really miss glance screen. Great phone with a great camera.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Yes it does get hot and yes the battery life is quite so, so....

I have to agree Battery Life, is so-so...standby is OK but you can bring it to its knees with moderate use...I charge at night and again at lunch...still, wouldn't trade this phone for anything...great performance and best camera I've used...

mcraine

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got my 930 a week ago. Awesome Phone! For me, battery lasts through the day. Gets a bit warm and can get hot using navi but nothing too extreme. About the same as my original 920. I debated buying the 930 for a while and tried an 830 and a 635. Kept the 635 to use as a stand alone navi in my car and returned the 830 for the 930. I'm so glad I did. I love this phone. I plan to use it until a new flagship comes out. I'll probably wait a month or two beyond to let the bugs get worked out. The 930 feels great in my hand and I like the extra heft. It feels substantial but not too heavy. The 930 for me was also cheaper than the 830.

ap0calypto

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
At the moment, mine is o a warranty service. Right part of the screen was 1mm higher and it was moving

Sent from my Alcatel OT 6030X using Tapatalk

Tullphan

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had so many phones since I signed up with VZW last January it isn't funny.
I got an Icon last year on a whim, but couldn't get used to it & went back to an iPhone. After getting tired of it, getting an S5, then an S4, I decided to try an Icon again, went through the forums to see how people had them set up & now I love it.
I'm anxiously awaiting "Cityman" & "Talkman" to see if they'll tickle my fancy. Right now I don't see myself getting rid of my Icon, even though I have an S4 & a Note 3 in my desk drawer.
I'm really not a hard-core user, so i'll go about 2 1/2 days on a charge. I've got all the apps I want, so the app store isn't an issue to me. No overheating, but like I said, i'm not a hard-core user.
I think it's a great phone. Solid. Dependable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans