Continuum Demo used Icon

Man0fSteel

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Watching the Windows 10 Continuum video the guy using the device with keyboard and mouse is totally using an Icon. Near the end of the video it shows him answering a phone call and you can see the Verizon logo in the upper left... I know its just wishful thinking but I can see how "scaling issues" can be a legitimate excuse for not including the Icon in the Windows 10 preview. 😃

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If you're right, and the Icon does get it, then right on. If the Icon isn't a part of the phones that get it (930 and 1520 included) then bummer, but I wouldn't be surprised if this feature is held off for this year's flagship (in a way, I'm kind of hoping it is... sorry).

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Watching the Windows 10 Continuum video the guy using the device with keyboard and mouse is totally using an Icon. Near the end of the video it shows him answering a phone call and you can see the Verizon logo in the upper left... I know its just wishful thinking but I can see how "scaling issues" can be a legitimate excuse for not including the Icon in the Windows 10 preview. 

What we saw was allegedly a simulation. Belfiore explicitly said this as he was pulling out his L920 ;)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Watching the Windows 10 Continuum video the guy using the device with keyboard and mouse is totally using an Icon. Near the end of the video it shows him answering a phone call and you can see the Verizon logo in the upper left... I know its just wishful thinking but I can see how "scaling issues" can be a legitimate excuse for not including the Icon in the Windows 10 preview. 😃
Edit: Forgot to mention this..

Although what they demoed was a simulation, it would not be impossible for the Icon to have most of the features required for Continuum as we know it.

The only feature the Icon lacks is the capacity to drive two simultaneous independent displays, however, a mouse/keyboard solves the deficiency.

Think Miracast to TV, only apps get the Universal treatment ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans