Nokia Lumia Icon Available on Amazon for a Penny!!!

LCGrzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
The Icon is available for a Penny on Amazon for new subscriptions and contract upgrades.

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Lumia-I...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3097473

Bought one for my Mom. If your thinking, "I'm just going to wait and see what Windows 10 Mobile devices VZW has at launch" you may want to think again. Yes, the Icon is old for a flagship, but it has held up well for its age. Will the Win 10 Mobile flagship be better? Absolutely and probably in every way. But will a Win 10 Mobile midrange handset be better than an Icon? I doubt it, and at a penny, the Icon will probably be cheaper than the midrange model. This is all assuming that VZW gets a flagship and a midrange Win 10 Mobile device at launch. We can dream, right? (after all VZW does seem to be doing right by MS of late. Verizon Messages for Windows 8.1, Denim update before any other carriers. I'm impressed)

If your holding out for a flagship, then I suggest you keep holding on, but if you need a cheap midrange (that is way better than any midrange) for you, or that someone special in your life, I would recommend grabbing one while supplies last. I, for one, love my Icon.

LCGrzy

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Actually, it wasn't available from Amazon for a while. I looked in February or March and they didn't have it. I stumbled across it yesterday and was pleasantly surprised.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The only problem I see is the two year commitment for the $0.1. The upside is the contract is for the number on the phone; not the phone itself.

amd20x6

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
The only problem I see is the two year commitment for the $0.1. The upside is the contract is for the number on the phone; not the phone itself.

Yeah, definitely a problem. That $0.01 device comes with a commitment to pay entirely too much for phone service for two entire years. Icons are available refurb'd for ~$200. You can save $$$ over those two years by going prepaid and buying your phone upfront.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6