12-12-2016 11:57 PM
1,191 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Was stuck at 0% for 3hrs. Moved to 7% now it has been stayin there for ... 2 hrs already :|. :/ waiting............. .. ..
    09-15-2015 09:28 AM
    Has anyone finished installing yet?
    09-15-2015 11:36 AM
    I installed, but my phone is resetting right now. I had put one of the prior builds on my Icon back when whatever build it was that was the first one that would work on Icon. I rolled it back to 8.1 that day, because the phone was cooking in the holster. Last night I installed the latest build because it sounded like it was going to be stable enough for me to rely on. At this point, I'm not sure. It was still cooking in my holster, and I haven't received a single text message today, and I don't know if my wife has gotten any that I've sent her. So before rolling back to 8.1 again, I figured I'd give resetting a try and see if that would make it work better. I mean, sitting on the wireless charger at my desk, it's actually discharging the battery (before starting the reset). If it doesn't work better after resetting, I'll be rolling back to 8.1 again.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-15-2015 12:11 PM
    Download went till 23%. Kept the phone.took it after half an hour. 13% downloaded... -_- . How is it goin backwards!!!
    09-15-2015 12:13 PM
    On my Lumia 635 this build is a lot faster and smoother than the previous one, so I'm tempted to put it on my Icon... I had an early build on the Icon and it definitely wasn't ready for primetime. But this one seems like it might be.
    I'll wait for hopmedic's verdict though. ;)
    09-15-2015 12:13 PM
    Download went till 23%. Kept the phone.took it after half an hour. 13% downloaded... -_- . How is it goin backwards!!!
    Don't worry about the percentages. They seem to be buggy. Leave it alone and let it do its job - my 635 install was the slowest it's ever been.
    09-15-2015 12:14 PM
    Took me a few hours total to download and install this on my Icon. I also had to reset twice since the first time made the start screen disappear! Weird bug for sure. Now its all setup, I really like this build, so much faster and stable. There are occasionally delay in geting to start or lock screen but not too bad. I am using this as my primary phone so we'll see how it goes. So far, I used it to navigate with WAZE to work while playing Pandora in the background with no issue than Waze is always showing 'loading' until I hit back button. Battery life is not great like 8.1 yet, but this is expected.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-15-2015 12:28 PM
    If someone could also share its performance with the Microsoft band, it would be greatly appreciated. Prior builds just didnt get my textx msgs to my band all that reliably.
    09-15-2015 12:29 PM
    While the phone was running backup, I thought it was going to start the house on fire. It was sitting on the monitor shelf in front of my SP3 - there's wireless charger built into the monitor shelf. It's still working on downloading apps, but has cooled off some. I have also sent and received texts to/from my wife with success since the restore. It's going to be a while before I'll know if it will be running without melting in my belt holster, since it is working so much right now at downloading and installing apps. We'll see.
    09-15-2015 01:32 PM
    Battery life is not great like 8.1 yet, but this is expected.
    that doesn't sound good. I would have thought they'd've tackled the battery issue by now. guess I'm staying on 8.1 :-(
    09-15-2015 02:09 PM
    Well, my battery is now at 100%, still 155 apps left to install (yes, I do need to go through and delete a bunch of apps that don't get used).
    09-15-2015 02:47 PM
    Well, here's my verdict so far: I'm probably going to roll back to 8.1. I wish it weren't so. I took the phone out with me this evening, and the only problem was the first time I tried to use it, I couldn't. Loading... Forever. On the start screen. Finally, it did come up, many minutes later. The phone didn't overheat, like I was concerned that it would, and it didn't seem to suck a whole lot of battery. Of course, it was in my holster not getting used. After that, it worked fine for a little bit, with only limited use. I was in a funeral home, so wasn't using it much, other than when someone from my church pulled out his wife's phone and wanted me to fix Cortana for her (she had it set to the wrong region). When I got home, I was playing with it a little, and of course it started heating up, because I resumed the downloads that I'd paused before leaving. But then (I don't remember why), I restarted the phone. Since then I have only seen the start screen once. I can get to apps if I type them into Cortana. But I can't get the start screen. I tried switching the background off, as I saw in a post somewhere. While that seemed to help initially (that was probably just coincidence), I'm back to the loading loop.

I don't have time to revert to 8.1 right now, and won't until tomorrow after I get back home from a funeral, so I'm forced to see how it does until then. But at this point, it is likely that I'll be rolling back to 8.1.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-15-2015 11:40 PM
    Well, here's my verdict so far: I'm probably going to roll back to 8.1. I wish it weren't so. I took the phone out with me this evening, and the only problem was the first time I tried to use it, I couldn't. Loading... Forever. On the start screen. Finally, it did come up, many minutes later. The phone didn't overheat, like I was concerned that it would, and it didn't seem to suck a whole lot of battery. Of course, it was in my holster not getting used. After that, it worked fine for a little bit, with only limited use. I was in a funeral home, so wasn't using it much, other than when someone from my church pulled out his wife's phone and wanted me to fix Cortana for her (she had it set to the wrong region). When I got home, I was playing with it a little, and of course it started heating up, because I resumed the downloads that I'd paused before leaving. But then (I don't remember why), I restarted the phone. Since then I have only seen the start screen once. I can get to apps if I type them into Cortana. But I can't get the start screen. I tried switching the background off, as I saw in a post somewhere. While that seemed to help initially (that was probably just coincidence), I'm back to the loading loop.

I don't have time to revert to 8.1 right now, and won't until tomorrow after I get back home from a funeral, so I'm forced to see how it does until then. But at this point, it is likely that I'll be rolling back to 8.1.

Did u do a clean install?
    09-16-2015 06:48 AM
    Did u do a clean install?
    I upgraded from 8.1 to 10536, and then when it ducked I did an os reset.
    09-16-2015 06:56 AM
    ended up going to 10 last night. so far so good. wunderlist is broken but other apps work ok.
    can't get search button to activate cortana on long press, and can't find any cortana settings either (weird).
    battery seems pretty bad, but I'll give it a couple of days before bailing back to 8.1

did not reset after install. surprised that things work so well despite not having done reset. lots of contact groups and settings I'd rather not start from scratch, but if battery suckage persists I might have to.
    09-16-2015 09:11 AM
    Been running W10M for awhile now and upgraded to build 10536 yesterday. Everything was working fine other then battery life got worse. Decided to do a clean install this morning since I had some time. Now I am going to have to revert back to 8.1. I had no messages app after the install. And after the first set of app updates my screen is now unresponsive.
    09-16-2015 11:42 AM
    Been running W10M for awhile now and upgraded to build 10536 yesterday. Everything was working fine other then battery life got worse. Decided to do a clean install this morning since I had some time. Now I am going to have to revert back to 8.1. I had no messages app after the install. And after the first set of app updates my screen is now unresponsive.
    Messaging Skype beta for Windows 10 Mobile updated with stability improvements (Updated) | Windows Central

Open that link on your phone and select to download the app, and you'll get the Messaging back (it is integrated with Skype beta). I and many others have had the same issue. Supposedly it's fixed now (was a server issue): https://twitter.com/GabeAul/status/644038874365329408
    Scorpio5x0 likes this.
    09-16-2015 12:03 PM
    Thanks MikeSo. My screen just became responsive, again. Not sure what I did to fix it, but already downloading messaging app and the Messaging Skype app.
    09-16-2015 12:08 PM
    Thanks MikeSo. My screen just became responsive, again. Not sure what I did to fix it, but already downloading messaging app and the Messaging Skype app.
    let me know about your battery. Mine is doing very bad after the update.
    09-16-2015 03:03 PM
    let me know about your battery. Mine is doing very bad after the update.
    The battery life is horrible and every so often the screen goes dead on me till I soft reset a handful of times. But I just realized that I am on the wrong version software. It updated me to 10.0.10536.1000 and I never received anything after about 10.0.10536.1004. I am hoping that is the cause of my troubles. Trying to get the additional update now and hoping everything will correct itself. Should have checked the software version first thing this morning. Assumed all the updates went through.
    09-16-2015 03:22 PM
    Hmm, battery nit so bad 2day. May not revert
    09-16-2015 09:05 PM
    Anybody's groove music not working?
    09-16-2015 09:19 PM
    Anybody's groove music not working?
    Mine keeps signing out. If you're using music pass check that you are still signed in.
    09-16-2015 09:24 PM
    Day one of running on the correct build version. And right now battery life has never been this bad. Took my phone off the charger at about 8am, a couple hours later and I am at 56% battery life. And that is with the phone sitting in my pocket and minimal use. Just unacceptable at this point.
    MikeSo likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:15 AM
    with the latest update. I have battery drain problems and I can fry a egg on it
    09-17-2015 09:23 AM
1,191 ... 89101112 ...