12-12-2016 11:57 PM
1,191 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    What I thought was funny was I added my gmail account and logged into google on Edge. I got a email from google that said my account was used to log into Google from Microsoft Edge on an Android device. huh? lol
    10-22-2015 03:56 PM
    What I thought was funny was I added my gmail account and logged into google on Edge. I got a email from google that said my account was used to log into Google from Microsoft Edge on an Android device. huh? lol
    It's just because Edge uses different user strings to present itself as Chrome or Safari so that websites work properly.
    10-22-2015 07:49 PM
    Just installed it on my new Icon (my old one cracked screen). So far so good. We'll see about battery life at work.
    10-23-2015 08:18 AM
    how is cortana now-a-days? i installed wm10 about 5 builds ago on my icon and the two things i couldnt deal with were the battery life (which seems fixed based on comments above) and cortana.

My issues with cortana were specifically in the local features. Cortana in 8.1 is much more local friendly. For example, if i type "walmart" in cortana in 8.1, it will show me nearby walmarts within my search, and if it doesnt, i can swipe to the local pane to see nearby walmarts.

In wm10, if i searched walmart, it literally just did like a bing.com search for walmart without any local abilities. Then, if I typed "nearby walmarts", it would show me the nearby walmarts BUT it wouldnt show me how far away they were on the search page. Am i supposed to assume the one on top is the closest one? WP8.1 shows the distance, phone number, and an option for directions for anything that has to do with a location.
    10-23-2015 10:47 AM
    So I held off on the 10 upgrade because I love my Icon and I don't get any other options with Verizon. Also, I use Cortana while driving all the time. Love Love Love it. Voice activate and ask to text or call someone etc. Looked like voice doesn't work in 10?
    My question is, do you recommend it or not? What do you love most? And does voice activation of Cortana work?
    10-23-2015 10:48 AM
    So I held off on the 10 upgrade because I love my Icon and I don't get any other options with Verizon. Also, I use Cortana while driving all the time. Love Love Love it. Voice activate and ask to text or call someone etc. Looked like voice doesn't work in 10?
    My question is, do you recommend it or not? What do you love most? And does voice activation of Cortana work?
    Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think this current Windows 10 build is the first one in which Cortana works much better with Bluetooth in the car

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-23-2015 11:44 AM
    I can confirm that battery life in this build is even better than 8.1 for me. I did a clean reset and did not restore anything. I did not restor texts though in the process.

Messaging is reliable. Still not always showing up on my Microsoft Band thbough

Have not had any trouble with bluetooth in the phone.

Facebook app would not work in a wide tile. Had to use the beta ap

Anuimations are different and I like it. Even the number counts on the live tiles are different. Works well.

And yes I finally sent a text from myt Surface Pro 3!! Had to install the latest build of Windows 10 desktop too.,
    10-24-2015 12:54 PM
    I can confirm that battery life in this build is even better than 8.1 for me. I did a clean reset and did not restore anything. I did not restor texts though in the process.

Messaging is reliable. Still not always showing up on my Microsoft Band thbough

Have not had any trouble with bluetooth in the phone.

Facebook app would not work in a wide tile. Had to use the beta ap

Anuimations are different and I like it. Even the number counts on the live tiles are different. Works well.

And yes I finally sent a text from myt Surface Pro 3!! Had to install the latest build of Windows 10 desktop too.,
    Y'all have me ready to pull the trigger...... Almost

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    10-25-2015 02:00 AM
    anyone get step counter to work on the new build?
    10-25-2015 08:01 PM
    anyone get step counter to work on the new build?
    The 'motion data' app in Settings doesn't work for me (and won't update) and Microsoft Health isn't recording any steps. Is there another way to test this?
    10-26-2015 07:48 AM
    How did you get the beta facebook app?
    10-26-2015 10:29 AM
    How did you get the beta facebook app?
    I think it's open to everyone now, but you might need to get a direct link to the store.
    10-26-2015 11:21 AM
    I think it's open to everyone now, but you might need to get a direct link to the store.
    Here's the link: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...5-a87b33247ec6
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-26-2015 11:24 AM
    Here's a teardown video:

Problem is that just in a quick search, I'm not finding a replacement battery to buy.
    I went ahead and bought a replacement battery online, and putting it in was really easy (only need to take out one screw). With the Build 10549 and the new battery, I get battery life at about what I had on my Icon with 8.1. It seems that starting with this build they fixed most of whatever was draining the battery, so I'm pretty happy! Might delay my 950XL purchase now.

I'm hoping that the next 10575(?) build comes soon, where we're supposed to not have to go back to 8.1 to reset... it's the only reason I didn't do 10572. But everything is running really smoothly on my Icon as it is now. A few bugs, like Fitbit requiring login a lot, some apps don't launch again after closing without launching another app inbetween, etc. But overall, very stable and good enough for daily use for me.
    10-26-2015 11:27 AM
    Has anyone had problems with the video not starting with LUMIA Camera? I press the camera button, it does it sound like it is recording but never records...works fine with WINDOWS Camera.
    10-26-2015 11:30 AM
    Has anyone had problems with the video not starting with LUMIA Camera? I press the camera button, it does it sound like it is recording but never records...works fine with WINDOWS Camera.
    Yes, same for me. I don't believe it works for anyone. Don't forget to add or upvote it in freedback. :) Hold down lock + volume down to bring you right to the feedback app with an option to attach the screenshot (very convenient).
    10-26-2015 12:00 PM
    Yes, same for me. I don't believe it works for anyone. Don't forget to add or upvote it in freedback. :) Hold down lock + volume down to bring you right to the feedback app with an option to attach the screenshot (very convenient).
    Thanks...still daily driving the Note 5 for now but the Icon is still firmly being tested...Daniels pictures with the 950xl today are making me jealous...
    10-26-2015 01:29 PM

Me too. So I switched to windows camera.
    10-27-2015 05:14 AM
    Thanks. Anyone else having the problem where contacts won't sync on facebook beta? The progress bar just hangs.
    10-27-2015 11:53 AM
    Thanks. Anyone else having the problem where contacts won't sync on facebook beta? The progress bar just hangs.
    Same issue here
    10-28-2015 09:17 AM
    Same issue here
    I was having that problem as well. I soft reset and tried again and it worked.
    10-28-2015 09:52 AM
    It says that my phone is not supported. I have the ICON with the latest WM10 upgrade. ?????
    10-28-2015 12:20 PM
    Will Cortana forever take me to Edge from now on or is the Cortana search format simply not on yet? (Search Cortana on 8.1: Get web, images,video etc option, Search Cortana on 10 : get edge)
    And even with clean install , new build still not sending MMS, seem like I have to install new builds twice before everything goes correctly.
    10-28-2015 01:30 PM
    I went ahead and bought a replacement battery online, and putting it in was really easy (only need to take out one screw). With the Build 10549 and the new battery, I get battery life at about what I had on my Icon with 8.1. It seems that starting with this build they fixed most of whatever was draining the battery, so I'm pretty happy! Might delay my 950XL purchase now.

I'm hoping that the next 10575(?) build comes soon, where we're supposed to not have to go back to 8.1 to reset... it's the only reason I didn't do 10572. But everything is running really smoothly on my Icon as it is now. A few bugs, like Fitbit requiring login a lot, some apps don't launch again after closing without launching another app inbetween, etc. But overall, very stable and good enough for daily use for me.
    Where did you find your replacement battery?

thanks!
    10-28-2015 02:49 PM
    Where did you find your replacement battery?

thanks!
    Battery for Nokia BV-5QW

Can't vouch for reliability or quality based on one purchase, but it arrived 3 days after my order and looks and works as described.
    10-28-2015 03:41 PM
1,191 ... 1314151617 ...