Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Mine is still saying upgrade not available.

After the latest Upgrader Advisor update, "Good news!! Your Icon is now eligible W10 and they're working with your mobile operator and phone manufacturer to make the upgrade available."

I just checked on 4/13/16.

I just rolled back to 8.1 took the 8.1 'fix' update and used Upgrade Advisor. Says the "good news" thing for me now.
?\_(ツ)_/?

Will check back in a day or two.

dki378

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I see the good news also. I have never been on any build except for 8.1 so I'm not sure if that counts for anything. I hope this is really something because the redstone root path is becoming more and more tempting...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I see the good news also. I have never been on any build except for 8.1 so I'm not sure if that counts for anything. I hope this is really something because the redstone root path is becoming more and more tempting...

Maybe someone should try to PING Gabe on Twitter to see if there has been any change... Although the app said something, he might be able to confirm it and when we will get it (with out tricking that it's a 930).

Of course if he even replies

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I received the "good news" message for the first time today. I haven't been on any of the preview builds. Maybe there is hope for the icon.

I see the good news also. I have never been on any build except for 8.1 so I'm not sure if that counts for anything...

I'm right there with you guys, never jumped on any of the Insider Preview builds. My Icon is my daily driver and didn't want to risk bricking it just for a new OS.

johnzot

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just checked myself, and also am getting the "Good News!..." statement. I did do the insider thing, however, I rolled back a while back due to battery/data issues. As my daily driver, I am sticking with the official release (if / when it happens).... "crossing fingers, that is it soon"

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, yeah... We're getting the 10586 updates, but we're not getting the 14xxx updates. This feud between MS and VZW is ridiculous.

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I was seriously thinking of doing the 930 trick...but I will wait it out now. Verizon must be testing 10 something that wasn't supposed to happen must have found some $$

beantownsouth

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Which build of WP10 are you on? Did you do the 930 hack?

No I'm not on Redstone. It's the 10586.218 build on a stock Icon. Seriously it took for ever for the spinning gears to stop. Battery life seems better than the last build. It's 4:00pm and I still have 58% battery left. I was charging my Icon by 2 o'clock on the last build. Even if Verizon doesn't support the Icon, I won't go back to 8.1, I like WP10 a lot better.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site

FYI ... I kept getting "Not yet" message but I uninstalled and re-installed "Upgrade Advisor" and now BAM = "Good News" message. We are in Cupertino, CA (Silicon Valley), where is everyone that also is getting the "Good news!"?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've been using my Android phone for about 2 weeks now, turned on my ICON today, removed myself from the preview program (back to Production)., I check for updates and it is downloading 10.0.10586.218.

So, did the ICON get W10m ? Or is this just a preview update that everyone seems to be complaining about ?

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
OK, I've been using my Android phone for about 2 weeks now, turned on my ICON today, removed myself from the preview program (back to Production)., I check for updates and it is downloading 10.0.10586.218.

So, did the ICON get W10m ? Or is this just a preview update that everyone seems to be complaining about ?

I am in San Francisco Bay Area = says "phone up to date". Last checked 2 seconds ago.

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
WHY "BOTH Microsoft and Verizon and Microsoft want to make PEACE" = THIS AMAZING HP "announcement" that "WILL die on the vine" ...

Unless, Microsoft and Verizon "kiss and make up" !!!

HP Elite x3: A flagship Windows phone that?s unambiguously enterprisey | Ars Technica

I understand that this is "off-ICON topic" ... but, I "humbly submit" that "NO ICON upgrade path" = tough problem for HP! I have read late summer/August and can hardly wait.

My personal upgrade path will be ICON to HP Elite X3 as the rumors of a "Surface phone" seem to suggest that Microsoft may be making room for the OEMs first?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion