12-12-2016 11:57 PM
1,191 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    Sorry Spicy, I hadn't had enough coffee yet.
    So it's currently no different than being Insider Release Preview.

Is there a clean image available, or do we have to use the upgrade advisor?
    06-24-2016 02:21 PM
    I'm on the latest redstone release and my phone seems to be operating fine. battery life is normal for a 2yr old phone. "Hey Cortana" has always worked for me.
    06-24-2016 02:32 PM
    Originally posted by Rellik66
    Originally Posted by chefster74
    Sorry Spicy, I hadn't had enough coffee yet.
    So it's currently no different than being Insider Release Preview.

Is there a clean image available, or do we have to use the upgrade advisor?
    That's right. Since Verizon didn't publish any new firmware, they essentially just tested that the current firmware worked well enough with Windows 10. I don't ever expect to see new firmware, and due to that, no new factory image. My mother has a Blu HD that's in the same boat. The Icon should now continue to receive OS updates for some time though!
    06-24-2016 07:35 PM
    Last insider update. It is eating my Battery
    06-24-2016 09:02 PM
    Has anyone noticed if the the proximity sensor works when making a call with the production build from Verizon? I have been using insider preview on the Icon in preview release and fast rings and when you make a call (no bluetooth) the screen is practically impossible to get it to come on. Very hard to hang up, have to wait till the other party hangs up. That is about the only issue I have had with Insider builds, but if they have fixed this on Verizon version, I will make the effort to recover and upgrade using the supported version.
    06-25-2016 06:44 AM
    Last insider update. It is eating my Battery
    The official update hasn't been kind to my battery either... but this is my first experience with 10 so I don't know if this it's going to settle down in a couple days.
    06-25-2016 04:31 PM
    I've been using the latest fast ring build with little problems. Hey Cortana works, live tiles work and the battery lasted more than 24 hours. The problem I have is with networking. It seems as though it has difficulty transitioning from wireless to cellular. If you want to know how specific feature is working, just ask.
    Last edited by M3llowowman; 06-25-2016 at 05:02 PM. Reason: grammar
    06-25-2016 05:01 PM
    you might have to reset the region and language again
    06-25-2016 05:13 PM
    Didn't notice any major issues upgrading on the fast ring. I'll admit it's not my daily phone, but seemed fine.
    06-25-2016 05:57 PM
    So is the official Verizon W10 update coming from the stock updating process? I still don't have it.
    06-27-2016 08:05 AM
    I went back to 8.1 and then updated to 10 using windows adviser or whatever the app is. I did not think the battery life was very good at all So I went back to the fast ring the battery life on build 14372.0 is very good.
    06-27-2016 08:50 AM
    So is the official Verizon W10 update coming from the stock updating process? I still don't have it.
    You need to go through the Upgrade Advisor app to get the official update. You can download that in the app store.
    06-27-2016 08:51 AM
    Has anyone noticed if the the proximity sensor works when making a call with the production build from Verizon? I have been using insider preview on the Icon in preview release and fast rings and when you make a call (no bluetooth) the screen is practically impossible to get it to come on. Very hard to hang up, have to wait till the other party hangs up. That is about the only issue I have had with Insider builds, but if they have fixed this on Verizon version, I will make the effort to recover and upgrade using the supported version.
    I've updated from 8.1 to Verizon's release of 10 and I've noticed no issues with the proximity sensor.
    06-27-2016 10:21 AM
    I updated to Official Windows 10 version using the Upgrade Advisor App. Process was smooth but that was the end of good exerpience. Life of battery has tanked after the upgrade. My phone has gone from one charge a day to a minimum of two charges a day and that is without any increase in usage if not decrease . A couple of other issues that i'm seeing are
    1) Facebook app is consuming a lot of cellular data.
    2) Messaging app is slow. I have to wait 5-10 secs to see my text posted after i click on send arrow. it might just be because i'm new to Win 10 messaging but is it supposed to work with such long delays?
    3) Also, i don't see any update on the tile for Mail app when i get new emails.

UX certainly looks smooth and has some nice transitions but issue with battery life is anhilating my experience on Windows 10 mobile.
    06-28-2016 03:36 PM
    I updated to Official Windows 10 version using the Upgrade Advisor App. Process was smooth but that was the end of good exerpience. Life of battery has tanked after the upgrade. My phone has gone from one charge a day to a minimum of two charges a day and that is without any increase in usage if not decrease . A couple of other issues that i'm seeing are
    1) Facebook app is consuming a lot of cellular data.
    2) Messaging app is slow. I have to wait 5-10 secs to see my text posted after i click on send arrow. it might just be because i'm new to Win 10 messaging but is it supposed to work with such long delays?
    3) Also, i don't see any update on the tile for Mail app when i get new emails.

UX certainly looks smooth and has some nice transitions but issue with battery life is anhilating my experience on Windows 10 mobile.
    Do a hard reset and then adjust your background apps. Had to do the same with my wife's 640. She's back to a day and half again like on 8.1.
    lithos likes this.
    06-28-2016 04:12 PM
    Installed Windows 10 the day it was released. Everything works fine except the "Gestures Beta" app. Being as it is a Microsoft app, you would think they could keep up. Another example of not understanding your customers needs. W10 uses a tad more battery.
    06-29-2016 09:59 AM
    I updated to 10 and lost all my contacts. VZW says there in the cloud but I didn't have cloud just backup assistant plus.
    Also cant get Cortana to do texts in car. It worked on 8 stopped on 8..1 and still doesn't on 10. over two hours on the phone with VZW and they want me to reset my phone.
    I guess I'll start by going to Microsoft store and then a VZW store. The lack of Cortana speech for texts in car is annoying. The loss of contacts is obviously much more than that.
    06-30-2016 06:43 AM
    FWIW, my contacts were missing for a couple of hours after I updated to W10. I don't know if it was lagging because every app I had was trying to re-install at the same time, but later in the day, everything was back the way it should be. If you're trying to do "Hey Cortana" in the car, you have to give permissions again for that (it turns OFF when you update). Hope the Microsoft Store is able to help you!
    06-30-2016 09:47 AM
    Do a hard reset and then adjust your background apps. Had to do the same with my wife's 640. She's back to a day and half again like on 8.1.
    Never considered doing a hard reset. How do you get everything back on your phone/start screen returned after doing that? Or is there a way?
    06-30-2016 08:07 PM
    Never considered doing a hard reset. How do you get everything back on your phone/start screen returned after doing that? Or is there a way?
    Do a backup with both options set to on (one is for apps, the other is Start screen layout, etc.) and then select restore from backup when prompted during the reset. FWIW, the general rule is DON'T restore from a backup as part of a hard reset. Which means setting up everything again but it's the best way to ensure a clean install.
    07-01-2016 09:58 AM
    Installed W10M last night, all went well with just a few minor issues, all seems resolved. We'll see how the battery does today. So far I love W10M!
    07-02-2016 10:20 AM
    I've tried using the Upgrade Advisor, but it says the upgrade isn't available for my phone right now. I've got an Icon (929) from Verizon and did a hard reset without restoring from a back up. Any suggestions or have they stopped doing the upgrade for some reason?
    07-02-2016 11:53 AM
    I've tried using the Upgrade Advisor, but it says the upgrade isn't available for my phone right now. I've got an Icon (929) from Verizon and did a hard reset without restoring from a back up. Any suggestions or have they stopped doing the upgrade for some reason?
    I think you need to be running the latest 8.1 from Verizon to have the Upgrade Advisor work. I just used the upgrade advisor last night, it worked fine for me, and I'm on Verizon too.
    07-02-2016 06:05 PM
    I think you need to be running the latest 8.1 from Verizon to have the Upgrade Advisor work. I just used the upgrade advisor last night, it worked fine for me, and I'm on Verizon too.
    Thank you for your quick reply, Steve. I'm running OS version 8.10.14219.341. When I check for updates using "phone update", it says my phone is up to date. I live in eastern NC (I know this is a long shot) but could the rollout be regionalized? Another note: I used to use the Insider builds on this phone back before Verizon pushed 8.1. I've reset my phone back to factory settings (clean wipe, no backups). Would using the Windows Device Recovery Tool be the way to go? I'll give that shot (since I haven't done much with it since my latest clean wipe) and see if that makes a difference.

In the meantime, would someone be able to confirm the latest 8.1 OS version I should be seeing to get to the 10 upgrade? Thank you!
    07-03-2016 06:58 AM
    Hmm. Apparently, the WDRT was the swift kick in the pants my phone needed. After using it, I had an update from Verizon and then tried Upgrade Advisor again and it says my phone is eligible. Now downloading the update via Phone Update :D. Thank you for the tip!
    SteveNoza likes this.
    07-03-2016 07:50 AM
1,191 ... 4041424344 ...