Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

dividendogma

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
BTW, is finally double-tap to wake available for the icon in build 10166? Cant wait to have it the same way the 930 does on win8.1. It's just not a HW matter...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
24 hours in and it looks great so far. I did the update, no resets and no restores. I had a bit of a problem learning how to get Outlook Mail to work with my Akruto program but worked it out.

I really like what I see so far. Double tap works but needs to be turned on in the settings menu. I still get the resuming...... but it appears it comes from so much more being done at the same time compared to Win 8.1. I haven't found anything I don't like so far but will update in a few days.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
24 hours in and it looks great so far. I did the update, no resets and no restores. I had a bit of a problem learning how to get Outlook Mail to work with my Akruto program but worked it out.

I really like what I see so far. Double tap works but needs to be turned on in the settings menu. I still get the resuming...... but it appears it comes from so much more being done at the same time compared to Win 8.1. I haven't found anything I don't like so far but will update in a few days.

This was enough for me. Taking the plunge now.

Did they add Double Tap to Wake to the Icon with Windows 10?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
double tap to wake?? oh now I can't believe I reverted to 8.1 just hours before this update.

(though I have to say, 8.1 is running flawlessly with very nice battery life!) any observations on 10166 battery? 10149 or whatever the previous one was called drained like crazy on me.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me if Kids Corner is still available in W10 preview 10166?

Also, how is battery life on the Icon??

Tempted to take the plunge..........

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have the 10166 preview up and running now. Couple things I cant find.

1. Font size setting. ( it is not anywhere to be seen in the "Ease of Access" setting area.

2. Double Tap to Wake...... (or possibly dttw....lol)

Also, wish there was a battery % tile like Win 8.1 had.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge also and so far 10166 is running fine

I will say though I cant find DTTW in the settings>>extras>>touch or that option anywhere in settings on my Icon before or after a reset

overall it seems stable enough for my daily driver and I am glad I resisted the urge to install some of the earlier preview builds and waited till Win 10 matured some

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I decided to take the plunge also and so far 10166 is running fine

I will say though I cant find DTTW in the settings>>extras>>touch or that option anywhere in settings on my Icon before or after a reset

overall it seems stable enough for my daily driver and I am glad I resisted the urge to install some of the earlier preview builds and waited till Win 10 matured some

Keep us Icon'rs updated. I may install tonight, are the slow and fast ring builds the same now?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So far so good for me with my Icon on 10166. We shall see how it goes with the full day tomorrow. I used it for a few hours and i'm now doing a hard reset.

The only problem I ran into was the inability to change the start screen picture.

Texts, phone calls, emails, and whatsapp all seem to work very well.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Took the plunge and so far not good. It kept "loading" the, start screen. Hard resetting hoping it will fix it.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans