Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
That actually just started happening to me today, or something similar. I have to agree to terms of service to use wifi at my work which on 8.1 would kick me to ie and id click yes, then it would kick me back in to wifi settings. smooth as butter. now it sends me a cool notification center thing that says "connect to wifi?" and when i go yes, it says "further action needed" then shows no further actions...I'm hard resetting today and hoping that helps things out.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Anybody know how to get upside down "e" on the keyboard? Or which keyboard to use or any way how to get it.

This may sound like a silly question, what does an upside "e" mean?

Edit: Ok. I know what it means. It's the schwa symbol which represents the sound "uh." So my next question is, what is your usage intent? I can't get that symbol on WP8.1 either.

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What is broken for me:
  • Battery life is pretty bad. I regularly see 20% drop in an hour if using my phone.
  • Stuff is broken under PIN: Bluetooth scenarios like sending texts or getting them read. Any voice commands really. Camera does not launch under PIN, must unlock
  • Start screen goes to 'Loading...' at times, requiring reboots and pleads to please start working again
  • Tiles update sluggishly

Barely ok as a daily dr​iver for me, considering rolling back.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
What is broken for me:
  • Battery life is pretty bad. I regularly see 20% drop in an hour if using my phone.
  • Stuff is broken under PIN: Bluetooth scenarios like sending texts or getting them read. Any voice commands really. Camera does not launch under PIN, must unlock
  • Start screen goes to 'Loading...' at times, requiring reboots and pleads to please start working again
  • Tiles update sluggishly

Barely ok as a daily dr​iver for me, considering rolling back.

Cortana and camera don't work even without pin when the screen is off. Often times when i pull up camera when screen is locked, swipe up, the ui is blank i can take a picture but there is nothing on the screen. I'm doing a hard reset and hoping that helps some.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I re-installed build 10166 and did a hard reset. Noticed that the store issues appear to mostly resolved themselves with the recent updates to the store and other apps. Cortana still isn't as useful as she was in 8.1, but I feel that since RTM for PC's is upon us they will get that fixed up pretty quick when the teams transition to working on mobile. No real show stoppers for me at this time...

wilks7

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
ok i updated the insider app chose the insider slow configuration it rebooted my phone and an hour later i get a message saying my phone has an update for it??...so under phone update it says an update is ready to download i tapped show details and is says the following "Insider slow configuration update. developer enhancements windows 10 technical preview for phones (10.0.12648.133)

I had the choice of slow or fast configuration when i registered the insider app after the update.....should i go for the update or is this a old one? i do own an icon also

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
This may sound like a silly question, what does an upside "e" mean?

Edit: Ok. I know what it means. It's the schwa symbol which represents the sound "uh." So my next question is, what is your usage intent? I can't get that symbol on WP8.1 either.

For my tribes language, ca.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Messaging has been failing me lately. Not only are the notifications lacking but sometimes I am unable to send texts and have to reset the phone. Makes me worried I ma not getting texts on time.

Anyone else w text problems?

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
After a few hiccups with installation, a hard reset seems to have corrected the major initial issues that I came across. I did not do a hard reset before installing, as I wanted to see if I would be lucky enough to just update and have minimal issues. After first installing I was hit with the loading start screen issue and had to do a soft reset a handful of times, before the start screen finally loaded. I also had an issue with about 10 apps that just would not install. At that point, I did a hard reset and did not restore a previous backup, so that I would not transfer over any WP 8.1 settings. Hard reset cleared the start screen loading issue and every app that I had on WP 8.1 installed without issue, though I haven't had a chance to open each app and ensure each worked properly.

Haven't had a whole lot playing time as of yet, but thus far I am very impressed, and the OS is definitely usable as a primary driver, if you are willing to go through the initial hiccups and having to set everything back up manually. Thus far, the only issues I have had are obviously battery life and the store app on certain menus seems to take an extraordinarily amount of time to load, specifically the My Library screen. Not bad for a technical preview and, truthfully, so far these issues are to be expected for a preview OS.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to the Store and hit the hamburger at the left tip top corner and scroll down to my library to all your apps that you ever installed. Some wont work with windows 10 but some will.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Store and hit the hamburger at the left tip top corner and scroll down to my library to all your apps that you ever installed. Some wont work with windows 10 but some will.

That is how I manually installed all my apps. So far, I have installed close to 80 apps and none have failed.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had it for about a week and 1/2 and I ended up rolling back. Over all 10166 was really good but, the hit on battery, Cortana not working (to read text messages) and a few apps that would not run right (Pebble Notifications was the big one) forced me to roll back. I needed a working phone and some of the issues were deal killers for me.

Now back on 8.1 for over a week and no question I miss a few things from W10M and look forward to trying it again but, need to wait till I know for sure most of the problems I was having was resolved.

I'll admit one thing, It's nice going to bed and still having 40-50% batter life left, as with 10166 an hour before bed my phone needed to be charged...(100% dead)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo