Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
On the last build i was getting about 4 hours out of a charge. Now I am back to about 7 or 8 hours which was what I was getting on 8.1.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I can confirm...this latest build is like the "good 'ole days"...battery is much more acceptable, MUCH more. Cortana's Bluetooth text to speech in the car works far much better as well. Improvements were so good that I stopped testing and being tempted by a Note 5 for a while. :)

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
My battery has been pretty good since I updated yesterday. I went for my 2 mile walk with Pandora playing and texting and I only lost about 15% battery during that time. So it's not anything worse than 8.1 for me. My battery is starting to show it's life anyways.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same position. I'm actually test driving a Note 5 right now and I have to say that it is far more usable than Windows 10 on my ICON but my heart is with the ICON for sure. I can't quite put my finger on it but the Note 5 is just so much more usable than my ICON currently is. So it's going to be an interesting few months going between the two phones to see which one really work best as my daily driver.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

I like the Samsung Edge but I may just pass my upgrade to another line and wait for Feb for another line to upgrade. I want the 950 to be workable on Verizon so bad after playing with Win 10 mobile but hey what can us consumers do if the big boys won't play nice.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I like the Samsung Edge but I may just pass my upgrade to another line and wait for Feb for another line to upgrade. I want the 950 to be workable on Verizon so bad after playing with Win 10 mobile but hey what can us consumers do if the big boys won't play nice.

Everyone says leave but I have unlimited days. I won't lol

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I left Tmobile to get the ICON on Verizon. I won't be switching again. I've had AT&T before as well for about 13 years. But I'm kind of happy with my service, plan and the lines I have currently so no switch for me right now.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
How's the reliability of the phone? Like for messaging, notifications?

I get my notifications for everything I have installed. However when I get a text message notification and I tap it, it takes me to a blank screen most times and I have to go back to the start screen and click on my messages to read it.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
What I thought was funny was I added my gmail account and logged into google on Edge. I got a email from google that said my account was used to log into Google from Microsoft Edge on an Android device. huh? lol

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What I thought was funny was I added my gmail account and logged into google on Edge. I got a email from google that said my account was used to log into Google from Microsoft Edge on an Android device. huh? lol

It's just because Edge uses different user strings to present itself as Chrome or Safari so that websites work properly.

Paulo1300

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
how is cortana now-a-days? i installed wm10 about 5 builds ago on my icon and the two things i couldnt deal with were the battery life (which seems fixed based on comments above) and cortana.

My issues with cortana were specifically in the local features. Cortana in 8.1 is much more local friendly. For example, if i type "walmart" in cortana in 8.1, it will show me nearby walmarts within my search, and if it doesnt, i can swipe to the local pane to see nearby walmarts.

In wm10, if i searched walmart, it literally just did like a bing.com search for walmart without any local abilities. Then, if I typed "nearby walmarts", it would show me the nearby walmarts BUT it wouldnt show me how far away they were on the search page. Am i supposed to assume the one on top is the closest one? WP8.1 shows the distance, phone number, and an option for directions for anything that has to do with a location.

Sheamartin

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
So I held off on the 10 upgrade because I love my Icon and I don't get any other options with Verizon. Also, I use Cortana while driving all the time. Love Love Love it. Voice activate and ask to text or call someone etc. Looked like voice doesn't work in 10?
My question is, do you recommend it or not? What do you love most? And does voice activation of Cortana work?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
So I held off on the 10 upgrade because I love my Icon and I don't get any other options with Verizon. Also, I use Cortana while driving all the time. Love Love Love it. Voice activate and ask to text or call someone etc. Looked like voice doesn't work in 10?
My question is, do you recommend it or not? What do you love most? And does voice activation of Cortana work?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I think this current Windows 10 build is the first one in which Cortana works much better with Bluetooth in the car

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I can confirm that battery life in this build is even better than 8.1 for me. I did a clean reset and did not restore anything. I did not restor texts though in the process.

Messaging is reliable. Still not always showing up on my Microsoft Band thbough

Have not had any trouble with bluetooth in the phone.

Facebook app would not work in a wide tile. Had to use the beta ap

Anuimations are different and I like it. Even the number counts on the live tiles are different. Works well.

And yes I finally sent a text from myt Surface Pro 3!! Had to install the latest build of Windows 10 desktop too.,

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that battery life in this build is even better than 8.1 for me. I did a clean reset and did not restore anything. I did not restor texts though in the process.

Messaging is reliable. Still not always showing up on my Microsoft Band thbough

Have not had any trouble with bluetooth in the phone.

Facebook app would not work in a wide tile. Had to use the beta ap

Anuimations are different and I like it. Even the number counts on the live tiles are different. Works well.

And yes I finally sent a text from myt Surface Pro 3!! Had to install the latest build of Windows 10 desktop too.,

Y'all have me ready to pull the trigger...... Almost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo