Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to install it. Currently have 10572 installed and one of my annoyances is Call + SMS filter simply doesn't work. Does it work in 10581? Curious if anyone has tried. Pretty sure it's not though.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
BONUS - my USAA app started working again. I'm glad it started working without USAA having to go in and update the app, since only Jesus knows how long that would take.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
BONUS - my USAA app started working again. I'm glad it started working without USAA having to go in and update the app, since only Jesus knows how long that would take.
OMG, I had USAA for years. Their online services were awful. Constantly had to reset my password month after month, just to login. I can't imagine what dealing with their app would be like. lol

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
OMG, I had USAA for years. Their online services were awful. Constantly had to reset my password month after month, just to login. I can't imagine what dealing with their app would be like. lol

I have not had the problems you describe - only great service, and no website problems. App support is the only problem.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have not had the problems you describe - only great service, and no website problems. App support is the only problem.

It's been since 2009 since I used them for insurance. I have one credit card with them now. They offer great services.

Meanwhile...tick tick tick...still waiting on this upgrade to 10581 to complete. I wish there was a faster method, but I'd rather wait than deal with some of the brinking I've seen with Android phones! I have too many apps backed up.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So far so good with everyone?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

so far great. Won't know about battery life for a few days. Icon's battery on 8.1 wasn't the best. You have to make sure you close apps running in the background because they will chew the battery down.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
so far great. Won't know about battery life for a few days. Icon's battery on 8.1 wasn't the best. You have to make sure you close apps running in the background because they will chew the battery down.

This is an unfortunate but true reality. Even on the OS that our device was created for, the battery life was always a disappointment.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Icon. Just not the battery.

NoogMan9605

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
24 hours and not a single SMS has been restored. I understand this issue started back during the last build. I've changed every possible setting, and it won't get anything past a few in 2013. I even recovered back to 8.1 to make sure all my texts were there, and it populated years of texts within a few hours. Anyone figure out how to get SMS to restore fully on an ICON and the current build?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
OK I think im finally ready. I can do this without wiping anything correct?

I'm on stock 8.1

Last edited:

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
OK I think im finally ready. I can do this without wiping anything correct?

I'm on stock 8.1

If you're 8.1, I'd update first, then wipe (About > Reset) and come back and start over.
That's how I did it to get the cleanest install. I haven't tested but on 10872 I tried an upgrade and it was full of bugs. Hard reset fixes everything.

Honestly, you need to read up because I'm not 100% sure. They never give exact information.
I think the latest update guarantees that you won't need use the Windows Recovery Tool (program) and USB to fall back and reload 8.1 when updating from one build of W10 to the next.

The upgrade/update process is still "beta" in my opinion. The actual OS is definitely almost RTM in it's current state. Very few bugs I've found.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
24 hours and not a single SMS has been restored.
Consider that a lot of restores are going on now. Pretty sure mobile apps/onedrive/messaging/skype are using the same services and servers as desktop full versions of windows. I've seen more activity in installing beta mobile w10 then I've seen in months. Lots of people are trying it.

That said, my photos have not "sync'd" from onedrive. When I open Photos and OneDrive, it is continuously syncing... for a week.

Did you Hard Reset when you updated/upgraded from previous version of W10 or 8.1?

Others have said messaging has been slow to sync for them too.
Do you do a lot of MMS messages? Media in messages? Audio in messages?

Also, I think messaging is definitely stored in Outlook.com accounts.
Is your Microsoft Outlook.com email account FULL or loaded with media attachments?

Finally, they're integrating messaging with skype (you probably know - just mentioning for troubleshooting).
You have Skype setup correct?
If you do have skype, make sure your don't have too many messages in there.

Just some troubleshooting food for thought. I'd wait if I were you, but if no messages by tomorrow, try another Hard Reset.

ckc5022

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm running 10581 on my Icon, it's been working wonderfully. Did a straight update from 8.1, no reset. Only issues I'm having are: I can't train hey cortana and sometimes after powering on my phone the screen is unresponsive but a restart fixes it. Battery was awesome yesterday but today is looks back to normal.

robnhl

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've experienced some issues where apps won't launch or will crash. Powering off/on resolves the issue. I have the same build running on my M8 and have not seen the problem there. Anyone else have this issue?

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I am myself having what i thought was touchscreen issues but it may be that the apps i tap wont launch. Observing for now.

The scrolling down on the action center is also slow to repsond sometumes. Again I thought it was a hardware issue because i bought this Icon from ebay.

Anyone else with this problem?

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's some feedback from my Icon so far:

Plex; intermittent flashes watching a video, any video like very 1-2 seconds you can see a frame flashed from the video and it appears to be upside-down.

Outlook Mail; connecting to Gmail and trying to go into your drafts folder to bring up a draft email causes Outlook Mail to crash.

Microsoft Podcast App; crashes when attempting to download an episode from a podcast, any podcast.

Camera; I don't know what they did here, but low-light photographs are spectacular! A real improvement over the previous iterations of the camera app on Win8.

Hey Cortana; Voice recognition is not available on your device...could be some setting I need to find to enable this, but just opening Cortana and using voice to search works fine.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey Cortana; Voice recognition is not available on your device...could be some setting I need to find to enable this, but just opening Cortana and using voice to search works fine.
Hey Cortana works for me. Fired up first time I enabled. Only issue I've had is if I disable it then reenable, I have to re-ad my name in About Me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6