Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

rvega83

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if VZ Backup Assistant contacts are restoring on the phone after updating? I updated several builds back but had to revert to 8.1 because my most of my contacts are from Backup Assist and would not restore. (I save my new contacts to Outlook) I want to update but I don't want to be without all those contacts.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if VZ Backup Assistant contacts are restoring on the phone after updating? I updated several builds back but had to revert to 8.1 because my most of my contacts are from Backup Assist and would not restore. (I save my new contacts to Outlook) I want to update but I don't want to be without all those contacts.

They do get restored, but sometimes it can take a while to make that first connection with the server.

FiveHorizons88

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Just installed the new Windows 10 build 10581, and I have a question - for the next build that is coming next week (supposedly), do we have to use the windows insider preview installer or can we just a "check for updates" on the latest build to get the update?

Also, is it recommended to do a hard reset after each new build is installed?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
hey I think I found a solution to the battery life problem. you won't like it, but just set your battery saver threshold to 90 or 95%. it's amazing now.

sure, I don't get the toast notifications when someone retweeted my retweet, but on the other hand I'm not terrified of not being able to get calls and texts because Edge has swallowed my battery whole.

(and yes, I have Edge disabled in the background...I'm not convinced it works. that app is a hog, also on the desktop.)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It's been since 2009 since I used them for insurance. I have one credit card with them now. They offer great services.

Meanwhile...tick tick tick...still waiting on this upgrade to 10581 to complete. I wish there was a faster method, but I'd rather wait than deal with some of the brinking I've seen with Android phones! I have too many apps backed up.
Ok - I didn't start using them until 2010, and use them for banking and insurance. It's funny when I call to hear them say "Thank you for more than 25 years of membership" since I only started using them in 2010. That goes back to when I was in the Navy - I was enlisted, so not a candidate for membership, except for some law in SC. A civilian who had them told me to apply, because there was a law that said they had to offer to all in SC. So I had insurance with them on my Gold Wing until I got out and moved back to IN, when they sent me a non-renewal notice, since I was no longer in SC. It wasn't until 2010 that I learned that they'd opened up to enlisted veterans, so I switched back, but they kept my membership alive all those years. :wink:

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Just installed the new Windows 10 build 10581, and I have a question - for the next build that is coming next week (supposedly), do we have to use the windows insider preview installer or can we just a "check for updates" on the latest build to get the update?

Also, is it recommended to do a hard reset after each new build is installed?

Need to have the windows insider app installed and set to fast ring to get it. Otherwise it won't update until the final Windows 10 build is released through Verizon. No need to do a hard reset unless you are experiencing problems.

tim sholar1

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
yeah i doubt there will be an update through verizon at all.... any new issues with the latest build that others should look out for?also how does everyone prefer/ suggest how to save contacts? with hotmail,google, or backup assistant plus in order to not lose contacts when going from 8.x to the windows 10 builds?

ADufresne

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
As my Icon is my daily driver, I waited to get on the Win10 Insider Preview track until 10581 this past week.
My path was: 8.1 (Denim) --> upgrade to 10581 via Insider Preview

No problems in the upgrade itself. It did blaze through the first couple battery cycles and intermittently after boot ups the touchscreen was unresponsive so I decided to hard reset yesterday morning. Overall stability is very good and the battery life improved after the hard reset. Was hoping to say the unresponsive touchscreen issue was resolved but experienced it again this morning upon startup.

The important thing is I'm comfortable with the reliability of 10581 on the phone I rely on. The Icon is still a great phone and the breath of Win10 fresh air should keep me happy (and on Verizon) until I make a decision on getting a 950 or something else next year.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
On the fence myself about upgrading to 10581 or wait until the next one. Still in 8.1. Wondering if MS will really deploy next week, or will only do so for PCs only...
Should I ? :)

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't look like that there will be a build before next week.

NPU says 10586 froze some devices in an endless boot loop.
I think it will be fixed but roll out will be limited. 1520 and some develped units first. icon will benefit from 1520 exact specs but we won't get official. After time it will roll out to other devices.

Although 10581 is pretty stable on my icon, still feel it's 1 or 2 builds from final rtm.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
So I did end up upgrading to windows 10 10581. Amazed at how smooth it went. Everything is working, Band 2 works as expected, all BT connections are good, WiFi is good, all so far so good. Slo Mo is pretty cool. No hard reset. No issues so far.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Overall the 10581 build is solid. But the individual apps like Mail, Groove etc all have little annoying bugs or missing features that I hope will be taken care of before official release. Since I listen to a lot of music on my Icon, the bugs related to how Groove can't properly resume music is especially galling.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Took the plunge last night. Overall a positive experience, but Edge crashes immediately upon launch. Besides that individual apps are running pretty well with a few scattered exceptions such as Runtastic which crashes.

I may do a hard reset to see if that fixes those issues.

Edit: Wound up doing the hard reset. Phone is still going through the restore but Runtastic is not crashing now so I'm hoping this clears up the little stuff.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion