Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
DId anyone else have issues like an endless cycle of downloading and preparing to install 10581, but it won't install? Error code 0x800070538 presented with a Retry button?
I've tried soft-reset and hard-reset multiple times, but still stuck in the endless cycle.
Currently on build 10572, NOKIA Lumia 929 ICON

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
DId anyone else have issues like an endless cycle of downloading and preparing to install 10581, but it won't install? Error code 0x800070538 presented with a Retry button?
I've tried soft-reset and hard-reset multiple times, but still stuck in the endless cycle.
Currently on build 10572, NOKIA Lumia 929 ICON

This didn't happen to me, but my suggestion would be to use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to go back to 8.1 (or was it 8.0? - no matter...) and then do the upgrade from there. Note that even though your phone says Nokia on it, you'll use the Windows recovery tool, not the Nokia one. I'd go back to 8, install the Windows Insider app to get the 10 builds, update to 10, and then restore the phone in order to restore a backup. Less "junk" in the way of the upgrade process that way. Not required, but that's how I'd do it.

Chris Phelps

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issues with streaming video from websites? I haven't done a hard reset yet (don't want to unless I absolutely have to), but for me, nothing will play.

I also have a bug on two of my Icons where the screen will stop responding to touch. Its only happened once per phone since the update, and a hard reboot took care of it.

Otherwise, I am extremely impressed by this build. Especially considering that it seemed like everything was broken with the last build. Major leap forward.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I went to a concert last night, and recorded a couple of songs. I've done that before, with WP 8.1 on my Lumia Icon. They sounded and looked very good.

This time, the recording (using the Camera app - not Lumia Camera), looked good, but the sound was horrible and only in mono. Can someone else with Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 on their Lumia verify that it only records in mono?? That seems absolutely insane, so I can only assume it's a bug. Also, the Camera app, as opposed to Lumia Camera (which no longer opens!) doesn't have the audio adjustment settings (surround, bass cutoff). I am really irritated with it today...

Last edited:

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I went to a concert last night, and recorded a couple of songs. I've done that before, with WP 8.1 on my Lumia Icon. They sounded and looked very good.

This time, the recording (using the Camera app - not Lumia Camera), looked good, but the sound was horrible and only in mono. Can someone else with Windows 10 Mobile Build 10581 on their Lumia verify that it only records in mono?? That seems absolutely insane, so I can only assume it's a bug. Also, the Camera app, as opposed to Lumia Camera (which no longer opens!) doesn't have the audio adjustment settings (surround, bass cutoff). I am really irritated with it today...

I am on 10581 as well... Just tested it and windows camera only records mono sound and the quality is terrible

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I am on 10581 as well... Just tested it and windows camera only records mono sound and the quality is terrible

Thanks for checking.

How is such an oversight even possible? I really hope they fix this, OR allow us to use Lumia Camera again. We have a choice of default app now, so why they don't allow Lumia Camera to open is a mystery.

I need to check if some other video recording app exists and will record in stereo. This is so far the weirdest bug I've seen.

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
As my Icon is my daily driver, I waited to get on the Win10 Insider Preview track until 10581 this past week.
My path was: 8.1 (Denim) --> upgrade to 10581 via Insider Preview

No problems in the upgrade itself. It did blaze through the first couple battery cycles and intermittently after boot ups the touchscreen was unresponsive so I decided to hard reset yesterday morning. Overall stability is very good and the battery life improved after the hard reset. Was hoping to say the unresponsive touchscreen issue was resolved but experienced it again this morning upon startup.

The important thing is I'm comfortable with the reliability of 10581 on the phone I rely on. The Icon is still a great phone and the breath of Win10 fresh air should keep me happy (and on Verizon) until I make a decision on getting a 950 or something else next year.

I have noticed that the touch screen doesn't work if the phone isn't on when you connect it to the charger. It will boot up when you plug it in but touchscreen is not responsive. Only solution is to turn it on before you connect it to the charger. However if it's already completely dead that's not always an option. Just have to force a reboot at that point.

I think the problem is Windows 10 now supports charging while off. However, the Icon's firmware hasn't been updated to support this feature and the OS tries to boot, but not all of the required drivers are loaded (touchscreen). That's my theory anyway.

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Windows Camera video works well.

Same issues here. and yes the windwos camera video works.

ALso have an odd finding with the Camera.

When Rich Capture is on, it only does 1080p picture (not sure of exact pixels). WHen it is on it does the 20MP pictures. Is this expected? I really did not notice that difference in win8.1, although I really didnt pay attention to it.

Thanks.

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
The Microsoft Photos plug-in has an update every time I visit the store to check for updates. It updates, if I do another "check for updates" right after, it shows up again as update available. Any one else having this issue?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The Microsoft Photos plug-in has an update every time I visit the store to check for updates. It updates, if I do another "check for updates" right after, it shows up again as update available. Any one else having this issue?

I'm not seeing that particular problem with my Icon. It seems that most store related issues are resolved with a soft reset. Have you tried that?

wpfan2be

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm not seeing that particular problem with my Icon. It seems that most store related issues are resolved with a soft reset. Have you tried that?
Just tried soft reset, same thing, oh well, I'll just wait until the next release. Not willing to hard reset yet, everything else is working perfect...
Thanks

DMCarver

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
My photos aren't syncing since this latest insider update. My onedrive shows the last photo was synced on 10/29 and thats about when this last update was released. I have checked the settings, soft reset, etc. and it is set to upload new photos to OneDrive.
Anyone else having photo/camera sync issues?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My photos aren't syncing since this latest insider update. My onedrive shows the last photo was synced on 10/29 and thats about when this last update was released. I have checked the settings, soft reset, etc. and it is set to upload new photos to OneDrive.
Anyone else having photo/camera sync issues?

Mine sometimes shows a list of errors in the Camera queue in the OneDrive app. I clear them and restart the phone and they go away and upload. That's the only issue I've had with it so far.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else not able to surf Facebook.com in the "rich" mobile site anymore? On my phone it only goes to the full desktop version (but can't load comments and likes for some reason) or when I go to m.facebook.com it shows the text only stripped down version. Very frustrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers