Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Just wow. I've gotten behind in processing videos that I recorded for my church, so I'm just getting to one that was a month ago today, and the audio quality of the Windows Camera app at that point was pathetic compared to the past. :straight: Hopefully as I get on further, I'll find that updates improved it...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Just wow. I've gotten behind in processing videos that I recorded for my church, so I'm just getting to one that was a month ago today, and the audio quality of the Windows Camera app at that point was pathetic compared to the past. :straight: Hopefully as I get on further, I'll find that updates improved it...
Yep, it's awful and in mono. I'm thinking of going back to WP 8.1 just for that, but I will wait and see until next update, which supposedly is the "release" version. I can't imagine that Microsoft will release to the public something like this, so I hope it's fixed there.

ADufresne

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I've got a 95% well-functioning Icon on build 10581 after a revert to 8.1 and then installing 10581 last week. The two non-functioning areas are Hey Cortana (launches but won't train, as if it can't hear me) and Motion Data (settings app opens from Privacy/Motion but doesn't list Microsoft Health as an app which can use the motion data.

I'm contemplating another reset back to 8.1/10581 install unless anyone has any potential solutions that won't require that time investment.

Appreciate any suggestions.

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
If you hard reset your phone, hey cortana should work (that is what I had to do).

I personally still have the motion data issue though. I don't remember where I heard the cause, but I think it is a bug with this build...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
With the Build 10586 update, Edge is showing Facebook correctly again. So that's nice.

Other than that I haven't noticed anything differently in 10586 yet. It still records videos with mono sound too. Maybe it needs a firmware update to fix that?

shawnmos

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
10586 is the RTM build. So anything that's not fixed now likely won't be fixed for a while. With that said, you should still send feedback to MS about the camera.

teamgs

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Any one else have this issue with the Cortana Live Tile? As long as the tile is medium sized, it updates as normal. If I resize the tile to wide, it acts like it is frozen, with the little circle and nothing else.

frankelweeze

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Any one else have this issue with the Cortana Live Tile? As long as the tile is medium sized, it updates as normal. If I resize the tile to wide, it acts like it is frozen, with the little circle and nothing else.
I've had it both ways and opposite, even after hard rest. so yes, I've noticed it.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
thinking about jumping from 8.1 to 10586. seems like the best idea is to upgrade, then hard reset as soon as the phone finishes upgrading to 10586. but I don't want to lose my text messages. can I hard reset and restore from backup to keep my messages? honestly, they're all I care about. start screen, apps, music, etc. isn't important to me, just text messages

IcyPwnage

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
thinking about jumping from 8.1 to 10586. seems like the best idea is to upgrade, then hard reset as soon as the phone finishes upgrading to 10586. but I don't want to lose my text messages. can I hard reset and restore from backup to keep my messages? honestly, they're all I care about. start screen, apps, music, etc. isn't important to me, just text messages

Assuming that you have text message backup turned on in the settings, they should come back. My messages have stayed with me through 3 hard resets now over the past few builds :)

jsuben13

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from Windows phone 8.1 to Windows 10 mobile 10586.11. Everything was working fairly well. The messaging app would crash every once and a while. Mostly when clicking on the message in the notification center. Not that big of deal. I was receiving sms and mms with no problems (while on cellular data). I get home on WiFi and MMS no longer works. I turn wifi off, cellular data on/off, and reset. Nothing works. I then research online and discover the MMS APN settings may be wrong. I proceed to use the registry tool to make the MMS settings show under SIM settings. I input Verizon parameters all different ways and still nothing. Anyone having this problem or know of a fix?

Todd Acheson

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
This is a problem that has plagued me with the ICON since I bought it over a year ago.
It refuses to remember known WIFI connections and connect to them. I constantly have to power-off and then power-on between work and home. Whenever I arrive at work or home, it does not even see my known networks.
Trying airplane mode on and off or WIFI on and off to maybe reset it fails.
Was a problem on 8, 8.1, and now 10.

Anyone else have this issue and have you found a way to get around this without power-off/on?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
This is a problem that has plagued me with the ICON since I bought it over a year ago.
It refuses to remember known WIFI connections and connect to them. I constantly have to power-off and then power-on between work and home. Whenever I arrive at work or home, it does not even see my known networks.

Anyone else have this issue and have you found a way to get around this without power-off/on?

I think I had that in the beginning, but if I did it was briefly. That aspect works great for me, it's "set and forget" for every WiFi network I ever connected to. I think with W10, even the terrible WiFi reception (the main problem for me) got better.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is running smooth on the latest build. I still have a max 7 hours battery life which has me looking for an upgrade to my Icon. If it could make it through the day off be in no hurry to switch.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I think you have a bad wifi radio then. I have never had a single problem with 2 different Icons running 8.1 or insider builds with my wifi connectivity. They both always remember my home and work wifi networks and connect seamlessly to them.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Mine is running smooth on the latest build. I still have a max 7 hours battery life which has me looking for an upgrade to my Icon. If it could make it through the day off be in no hurry to switch.

Buy a new battery off ebay, its easy to pop the back of an Icon off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6