Windows 10 for Lumia Icon

rachbu

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
My biggest issue with Windows 10 phone--which I would assume is due to the OS, not the Icon specifically--is that I can't assign different notification tones to different emails. I have two Exchange emails and my Gmail account on my phone, and with 8.1, I had a different tone for each of them. This way, I wouldn't have to look at my phone to know what email has a new message.

I've looked through each setting, both within the general settings, the notifications settings, and the mail settings when you open a given mailbox, and can't find any way to assign mailbox-specific tones. It's annoying enough to me that I'd go back to 8.1, but figured I'd check here first to see if anyone here has either found the setting natively or has a good workaround?

Chubbynaga

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My Icon on 10586.11 is running very well as daily driver. Camera is great, has 720p 120fps video too. Battery is great. All apps run smooth and fast. Some occasional reboot may be needed but expected for a preview release.

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
My take on 10586.11 so far:

This is the 1st preview build I've tried so no prior experience. I think it's working great with just a few exceptions.
1. I can't train Hey Cortana. I've tried with and without headsets and bluetooth but she just doesn't hear me.
2. I usually have to launch SMS twice to get it to stay open. I tap it, it opens and closes, tap it again and it stays open.
3. I can't keep it connected to my laptop. I have Win10 Enterprise on a new Yoga-3 Pro. It connects but after about 3 seconds, it drops. I've tried everything I can think of but I can't keep it connected.
4. I lost 1-Box. It says it's not compatible and that sucks but it's the only app I use that isn't compatible.
5. Audio notifications don't work for Outlook Mail or SMS. I've tried multiple sounds (default has no sound) but no luck.

Other than those, I've had no problems. Do you think any of these issues could be addressed by a hard reset? I installed from 8.1 official and the installation went exactly as expected.

Thanks!

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My Icon on 10586.11 is running very well as daily driver. Camera is great, has 720p 120fps video too. Battery is great. All apps run smooth and fast. Some occasional reboot may be needed but expected for a preview release.

Do you have slow motion capability?? I don't and I upgraded then did a hard reset. I also don't see the 120fps option with 720p. Hmm, I am using the windows camera and the app is updated. Weird, any help?

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to try a hard reset tonight and see if that takes care of my issues. I will say that it feels like having a new phone. I had 8.1 for a while before Verizon updated it so it's been over a year with no changes to my Icon. I'm loving it so far. Pretty much the only thing I miss about Android is that I could root it, install all kinds of different themes and OS versions and could feel like I have a new phone on a regular basis. I get bored easily with my devices so it's nice to change things up now & then.

pbphotos

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about finally taking the plunge and upgrading from 8.1. How long did the upgrade take? Anything to worry about with the latest release, I assume not since it's RTM and many of you have it. Do you guys suggest restoring from backup or not restoring? have seen some posts saying backup to PC first and then upgrade with no restore, then copy over the folders you need. What do you guys suggest?

bclasen1

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please outline the steps for a successful wm10 install or link me to one? I have been testing builds for a few months on and off. These problems always plague me: MMS will not work, a hard reset kills LTE (as in, it never find any network connection until I revert back to 8.1)
My previous methods have been: Clean 8.1 Denim -> WM10 -> find mms doesn't work-> hard reset-> network stops working and mms still doesn't work->revert back to 8.1 and wait for new build.

Someone once suggested APN problems, but I haven't found any instructions on fixing that if it is indeed the issues.

NOKIA ICON
VERIZON
Appreciate any help

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
No idea what the problem is. I installed the current build with no hard reset and all is working well. Issues that I had with messaging have been resolved and I can finally download the updates that previously would not download. The only negative now is that I still have horrid battery life!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I foolishly hoped that the recent "Touch" update may give us Icon users Double Tap to Wake... Nope. It must really be a hardware limitation after all.

Lots of android phones now also have double tap to sleep which is very handy as well. It can't work on WP due to it's UI but I don't understand why we can't have DTTW. What special snowflake hardware does the icon have I wonder.

Edit: DTTS could work on WP too now that I think about it as long as the tap is in-between the navigation buttons.

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I got my daughter a 640 that came in today. It's installing the preview now but as much as I love my Icon, I'm jealous that she has Glance and double tap to wake. It's actually a really nice phone, especially for $39.99. It's way better than her 635. The main reason I switched is because of my daughter's extreme disappointment that the 635 didn't have a front facing camera for selfies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett